KNBC NEWS to go HD at the end of June (allegedly)

cjm5150

On Newsblues it says that Chicago's ND was moved to KNBC, was Bob Long fired? who will pick him up?

No. Esteban Creste from Telemundo in Chicago (WSNS-TV) will now be the VP of news at Telemundo Los Angeles (KVEA-TV). The move has nothing to do with KNBC. KNBC will go HD just be patient, stuff happens and delays occur. I'd rather them take an extra few months to work out the kinks for HD news than to rush and do a horrible job (i.e. WMAQ). KNBC is one of the last to go HD in L.A. anyways, so there really is no rush.

Yes, Yes, It appears they are aiming for just prior to the Olympics. They still need to get a few minor kinks. Besides you have seen the stills of the upcoming open and HD in action, plus they have WeatherPlus HD in action.

Well, it looks like HD Testing has begun again during the Today Show cut-ins- but with their actual new graphics. They got new OTS', and new L3's that look really sharp (I think :)) in HD. They look like exactly like what you could see with the graphics posted. The OTS is more shaper looking and the L3 has light clouds floating under it, just like the "Tonight at 11" graphics posted to the original site.

Well, it looks like HD Testing has begun again during the Today Show cut-ins- but with their actual new graphics. They got new OTS', and new L3's that look really sharp (I think :)) in HD. They look like exactly like what you could see with the graphics posted. The OTS is more shaper looking and the L3 has light clouds floating under it, just like the "Tonight at 11" graphics posted to the original site.

I noticed...further signs of progress for KNBC.

Archived