Sue Simmons to anchor 5,6 & 11pm broadcasts

NYNews

I'm surprised no one posted this. She'll anchor with David at 5pm and with Chuck at 6 & 11pm. Lynda and Michael have been released from their anchoring duties, but will remain with the station. Hope this new lineup works. But doesn't it seem they are over working her?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/05/22/2008-05-22_ch_4_puts_tried_and_true_sue_simmons_and.html

But doesn't it seem they are over working her?

Anchoring is literally the easiest job in the news business. I think she'll manage. If she comes in to work at 3:45 and leaves at 11:45, that is an 8 hour work day.

Hmm its a bit much for Sue, but she's been in the business for quite a while so I'm pretty sure she can handle it... Perhaps its a temporary fix until they bring back Live at Five, which I really think they should do...

Vicki Burns have lots of sense putting Chuck and Sue to boost ratings instead of getting younger faces to alienate viewers. They should revive Live at 5 and extend it an hour and cancel the 7pm newscast.

Anchoring is literally the easiest job in the news business. I think she'll manage. If she comes in to work at 3:45 and leaves at 11:45, that is an 8 hour work day.

I wouldn't go that far.

But seriously, anchors working 5, 6, and 11...the good ole' days. Never understood why many markets use 573 different anchor teams and combos for newscasts. No reason they can't do essentially three shows in the evening. Granted 5-6:30 is a good stretch to anchor, but it larger markets they're proofreading copy more than writing shows whereas in smaller markets anchors might do most of the writing so I could see where that would be tough. But in the top 100 markets, anchoring the 3 evening newscasts shouldn't be to terribly hard. I mean, earn that 7-figure check.

Lets not forget Ernie Anastos anchored Channel 2 News at 5, 6 and 11. I don't think anchoring 3 shows is a big deal. Anyway, they do get paid well over 7 figures to do this.

Lets not forget Ernie Anastos anchored Channel 2 News at 5, 6 and 11. I don't think anchoring 3 shows is a big deal. Anyway, they do get paid well over 7 figures to do this.

I'll just add that there was a time when Dana and Ernie anchored from 4:30-6:30 and at 11 on CBS 2.

I remembered when Dean Shepard co-anchored with Sue during Live at Five. Where's he now?

After he left WNBC in 2000, he went to anchor at Bloomberg Television. That was the last that I heard and I don't think he works there anymore.

A side note from WNBC.com

On January 6, 1997, WNBC debuted "News Channel 4 Midday," airing at 11:30 a.m. Anchored by Michele Marsh and Dean Shepherd, the half-hour "News Channel 4 Midday" marked the first time WNBC broadcast a late morning news program.

A side note from WNBC.com

On January 6, 1997, WNBC debuted "News Channel 4 Midday," airing at 11:30 a.m. Anchored by Michele Marsh and Dean Shepherd, the half-hour "News Channel 4 Midday" marked the first time WNBC broadcast a late morning news program.

Originally anchored by Jane Hanson and Mary Civiello, then Michele Marsh and John Johnson, and finally by Michele Marsh and Dean Shepherd.

Archived