Dave Huddleston OUT

PhillyWatch

I am slack-jawed. Why? Dave is so good. I love him and Dawn together. They have such good chemistry. Such a shame. This is why FOX 29's ratings are so low. They don't seem to be able of keeping good names on the air for long. Let's hope he finds work if not here in Philly, then another major market.

WHAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?! Omg, talk about a chemistry breaker. From the article, more shake-ups are in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if KLH be moved to the top co-anchor position. But who to replace Dave? I have no clue. Dave should have no trouble finding work somewhere else. He's too talented.

WHAAAATTTTTT?!?!?!?! Omg, talk about a chemistry breaker. From the article, more shake-ups are in the works. I wouldn't be surprised if KLH be moved to the top co-anchor position. But who to replace Dave? I have no clue. Dave should have no trouble finding work somewhere else. He's too talented.

Don't know if he will find work here in Philly. It was a shame because he stated that him and wife fell in love with Philadelphia

If I were Dave's agent' date=' I'd tell him to stick around because I feel another high-priced anchor being investigated by the FBI could be gone very soon.[/quote']

Just because it maybe a opening that doesn't mean Dave will be high on CBS3 want list

What a shock that that they decided to let him go. I have no idea who they intend on promoting to top anchor. I really don't see any of their male anchors as 'lead anchor material'. George Mallet would have been perfect, it's a shame he's gone.

I think Kerri-Lee Halkett would be a nice choice to replace Dave. I would watch two female co-anchors on FOX 29. But, it's all with the powers that be. If Dave can't find work here in Philly, hopefully he can find work in a larger market, (i.e. New York.) I do hope he stays here in Philly and replaces Larry if CBS 3 lets him go.

I think Kerri-Lee Halkett would be a nice choice to replace Dave. I would watch two female co-anchors on FOX 29. But, it's all with the powers that be. If Dave can't find work here in Philly, hopefully he can find work in a larger market, (i.e. New York.) I do hope he stays here in Philly and replaces Larry if CBS 3 lets him go.

Larger Market???-lol You forget he came from A small market before he came here so I doubt if he can go to NYC, Chicago, or LA.

Umm you do know he anchored at WABC in the 80s and was the anchor of Access Hollywood before he came to Philadelphia don't you?

Oh I thought he came from Minnesota. never knew he worked in NYC. Wonder was he not renewed by WABC also like he is now with Fox29

Oh I just realized you were referring to Huddles (as this thread was about him). You're right he came from Minnesota and before that he was the one of the hosts of one of my fav PBS shows, Newton's Apple.

Larger Market???-lol You forget he came from A small market before he came here so I doubt if he can go to NYC, Chicago, or LA.

You're right. I apologize. I just thought that if he can't find work here, maybe somewhere else. I suggested a larger market because he has so much talent. I really do hope that he (Dave) stays local.

You're right. I apologize. I just thought that if he can't find work here, maybe somewhere else. I suggested a larger market because he has so much talent. I really do hope that he (Dave) stays local.

Oh you thought I was talking about Larry-lol

• 2 weeks later...

Dave anchored his last newscast tonight. It was really touching and sweet. He thanked his family, FOX 29, and his co-anchors, especially Dawn, who started crying. I started crying myself. God Bless you and your family, Dave. You will be missed, but you will land on your feet!

Archived