Larry's gone too.

scranton

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Inside sources at 3 are telling Philly.com that ratings have slid 50% and that WTXF has taken over the number 2 spot in the Philly ratings race.

If you're going to post stuff like that, could you at least post the article or the link to the article? Muchos gracias.

Inside sources at 3 are telling Philly.com that ratings have slid 50% and that WTXF has taken over the number 2 spot in the Philly ratings race.

Jim Barry, a CBS3 producer until the layoffs earlier this year, is now producing the philly.com 'videocasts.' While he still has friends on the inside feeding him info, the PM tabs are not 'inside' information. Every station in town has observed their ratings plunge.

The silverlining for KYW: After the Olympics, WCAU will go back to their regularly-scheduled mediocre newscast.

After Alycia was busted for that whole thing with the NYPD, I thought Larry was the sane one. Now, I know Alycia is the sane one. I see Larry in a much different light, and it's not a good one. I really hope that Alycia gets another shot at doing television news. As for Larry, forget it. If he goes to the slammer, that's it. He's done. I hope that KYW's ratings recover. I never really liked WCAU. WTXF is okay, but I would watch them even more if they expanded their news department. Eyewitness News at 4 is good enough for me. Action News is simply the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Action News is reporting that Larry Mendte has pleaded guilty today to snooping into Alycia Lane's e-mail account.

Here is story from WPVI: http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6344196

CBS 3 also has an article: http://cbs3.com/topstories/larry.mendte.charged.2.800931.html

NBC 10: http://www.nbc10.com/entertainment/17265047/detail.html?dl=mainclick

I just don't see how he could possibly work in the business again (as an anchor, at least). So much of his persona was based on trust. And he totally obliterated that trust. Not to mention, he is now a convicted felon...

What the hell is in the water in Philadelphia??

as warner wolf would say...lets go to the video tape

You have "The philly sexpot" co anchor who made national news for sending a shot of her in a 'kini to her friends cell phone that was intercepted by the friends wife, while at the same time her lead anchor decided to be "THE HACKER" and hack into her e-mail and send some tidbits off when she gets accused of slugging it out with a cop in NY with her new beau in tow..BUUUTTTTTT now admits that he and her did have a rather "FLIRTATIOUS" Relationship that made his wife (who happens to work for the big FOX station) a bit P-o'ed to the point where the on air relationship between mr. Head cheese and "miss hawaiian tropic wannabe of 1999" is a cold as Antarctica,to the point where "Mr. Head cheese" decides to become "The Hacker" and ruin her career but not realizing that he was also distroying HIS OWN

Meanwhile,down the street.. the lead anchor of NBC 10,whom we believe is happily married to the grande dame of QVC announces that he is in the middle of a divorce because of a relationship with his co anchor...and proves he's lost it by keying her car..AND GETTING CAUGHT!

While down the street WPVI sits back ...AND LAUGHS!!, and FOX29 wonders just how to handle Dawn as she sees her hubby about to go from LEAD ANCHOR..to Prisoner 2543815

WOW! this makes those daytime/Nighttime soaps seem tame!

I remember when Larry was on channel 10. I was such a fan of his, and thought he was so trustworthy. It's such a shame to see him torpedo his own career. His career is done for. I feel so much sympathy for Dawn. I can imagine what she's going through.

Wow, it was incredible! But stupid him leaving his office open to his wife and left emails so she could read them.

uhhhh, you think THAT is the most stupid part of this!? :)

• 2 months later...

Archived