The CW & My Network TV

WWSBfan

Maybe the two networks will merge.

You know what would be awesome in that situation? If in that merger, they piss off a major affiliate group enough to goad them into launching their own network. It'd be an entertaining run of deja vu!

But you're probably right in that they both will just shut down. NBC will then promptly take over as the struggling near-death network.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MyNet will switch to a new model in the fall that includes syndicated content such as a two-hour block of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" repeats from NBC Universal.

So they're becoming a broadcast version of USA?

So it's official: the only male friendly shows are Gossip Girl and Reaper? Put those and Everybody Hates Chris in syndication and pull the damn plug...They are clearly not making any money off of the 18-34 white female set...I guess they've forgotten about MTV and VH1, who still seem to think there are are two sexes on the planet, still.

What next? Any other stupid ideas they've got in mind? Further, how many stations (and station groups) have this network put in Chapter 11?

So it's official: the only male friendly shows are Gossip Girl and Reaper? Put those and Everybody Hates Chris in syndication and pull the damn plug...They are clearly not making any money off of the 18-34 white female set...I guess they've forgotten about MTV and VH1, who still seem to think there are are two sexes on the planet, still.

What next? Any other stupid ideas they've got in mind? Further, how many stations (and station groups) have this network put in Chapter 11?

Makes me almost positive the CW execs probably came over from Disney Channel or something (or vice versa), considering how much both channels seem to be so "tween/teen girl"-focused.

It would be funny, if wasn't so sad. Don't get me wrong, I think a focused cable network for women (18-34) would be a good thing; Lifetime and Oxygen skew too old (34-54) to be of any real interest to Gossip Girl viewers. But to kill a broadcast network because TV doesn't apparently have enough women's programming on (what planet are they living on, anyway?), and in particular, the over exposed white teen/early adulthood woman) demo is pretty off the wall.

That said, Gossip Girl is as entertaining to men as it is to women, and those other dramas are, too use a Yiddish phrase, to schmaltzy for words.

It would be funny, if wasn't so sad. Don't get me wrong, I think a focused cable network for women (18-34) would be a good thing; Lifetime and Oxygen skew too old (34-54) to be of any real interest to Gossip Girl viewers. But to kill a broadcast network because TV doesn't apparently have enough women's programming on (what planet are they living on, anyway?), and in particular, the over exposed white teen/early adulthood woman) demo is pretty off the wall.

That said, Gossip Girl is as entertaining to men as it is to women, and those other dramas are, too use a Yiddish phrase, to schmaltzy for words.

Interesting that you mention Lifetime. . .

The CW: Where are the white women at?

"Blonde Charity Mafia" once was scheduled to have a place of quasi-honor on the basic-cable lineup last fall -- as a six-episode tryout following new episodes of "Project Runway" on Lifetime. But that was before the lady-centric network got embroiled in litigation with NBC Universal over its rights to air the Heidi Klum hit, forcing it to reshuffle. Lifetime rescheduled BCM for sometime-in-'09 -- before dropping it.

It's since been picked up by CW -- sort of. Under the new relationship, the series is categorized as back "in development," reports our colleague Lisa de Moraes, which in TV talk means "no promises."

• 1 month later...

Have you considered a less ethnic cast?

The Game being pitched as a dramady

I don't know why she's bothering to try. Unless she replaces the current stars with Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale and folks from the white pages of the NY/LA Modeling Directory, the show will not have a home on the CW.

"The Game": an hourlong dramedy?

With the CW expected to complete its exit from the half-hour comedy genre at the end of this season, the creator/executive producer of one of the network's two remaining comedies, "The Game," is mulling turning it into an hourlong series. Mara Brock Akil is expected to pitch the idea to the CW brass this week.

Oh, and Blonde Charity Mafia has been greenlit.

Which is ironic (the neglect of blacks in promotions of series of interest to blacks)' date=' is that the first several years of UPN, one could make an argument claiming that UPN's demographics weren't inclusive enough with shows like Moesha, Malcolm and Eddie, and the Parkers.[/quote']

I don't know if it's already been said but Chris Rock announced he's ending the show this season seeing as how Everybody Hates Chris is not being picked up for a fifth season, and the Game will be transformed from a 30-minute sitcom into a 1-hour dramedy, ala, Grey's Anatomy. Perhaps The Game, which has become more dramatic in nature is better suited for that. In essence, like NBC, the CW is doing away with traditional sitcoms.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/rock%20plans%20to%20end%20everybody%20hates%20chris_1100147

I don't know if it's already been said but Chris Rock announced he's ending the show this season seeing as how Everybody Hates Chris is not being picked up for a fifth season, and the Game will be transformed from a 30-minute sitcom into a 1-hour dramedy, ala, Grey's Anatomy. Perhaps The Game, which has become more dramatic in nature is better suited for that. In essence, like NBC, the CW is doing away with traditional sitcoms.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/rock%20plans%20to%20end%20everybody%20hates%20chris_1100147

Provided The Game is renewed for another season. I don't think The CW has announced either way yet, and with the direction the network is going, a renewal for that show is a very long shot. Her proposed transformation is pretty much a Hail Mary pass.

I read the Rock article too -- I'm glad he's decided to give the show closure.

Guest Former Member 207
Everybody Hates Chris was a funny show...actually I think it was the only decent show on there.

I hope The CW and MNTV fail miserably.

I agree about "Chris"...I believe the reruns will be in syndication this fall, as well as maybe BET.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't Even Know Why I'm posting this, but here we go...

From: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/277096-Syndie_Fifth_Grader_Deal_or_No_Deal_Top_MyNetworkTV_Slate.php

MyNetworkTV, has settled on its 2009/2010 schedule, according to MyNet affiliates.

Monday

8:00- 9:00 p.m. --- “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”

9:00- 10:00 p.m. --- “Law & Order: Criminal Intent”

Tuesday

8:00- 8:30 p.m. --- “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?”

8:30- 9:00 p.m. --- “Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?”

9:00- 9:30 p.m. --- “Deal or No Deal”

9:30- 10:00 p.m. --- “Deal or No Deal”

Wednesday

8:00-9:00 p.m. --- “The Unit”

9:00-10:00 p.m. --- “The Unit”

Thursday