KNBC now in HD! At last!

mbhcity

Looks nice (in fact reminiscent of something from earlier in the decade; though I prefer the Novocom look and the 2005 look to this), but the overuse of yellow makes me want to :awesome:! There's 5 other colors in the peacock Arthouse! USE THEM.

Thankfully WTVJ and WVIT are going to escape before this graphics package can be implemented there, so the eyes of South Floridians (the ones who can GET 'TVJ) and New Englanders will not have to be raped by the yellow menace, however unlucky CT residents who watch WNBC might have to be subjected to its gaudiness.

I do have to say, it looks somewhat better in 16:9. Regarding WNBC, I have heard that they're not getting this look. I wouldn't mind if they did if it had a different color scheme, with a NY motif, but I think an updated version of their current look would suit WNBC better.

I do have to say, it looks somewhat better in 16:9. Regarding WNBC, I have heard that they're not getting this look. I wouldn't mind if they did if it had a different color scheme, with a NY motif, but I think an updated version of their current look would suit WNBC better.

If WNBC adopted the look, one thing that would have to go would be the palm trees in the opening. One does not associate NYC with palm trees. Also, since the yellow in the KNBC look I consider to represent the sun, I'd think WNBC would use the peacock's blue feather in lieu of the yellow feather, since blue is a color I associate with NYC.

Also, if WTVJ were to adopt this (which they won't, because NBC is selling them), the palm trees could stay, but I'd rather they used the orange feather, because the peacock's yellow/gold feather is better suited for Cali, the "Golden State". Orange is better suited for Florida.

If WNBC adopted the look, one thing that would have to go would be the palm tree in the opening. One does not associate NYC with palm trees. Also, since the yellow in the KNBC look I consider to represent the sun, I'd think WNBC would use the peacock's blue feather in lieu of the yellow feather, since blue is a color I associate with NYC.

For stations like WNBC, WMAQ, KXAS and WRC, I'd expect that they would use buildings in place of the palm trees in their respective packages, which would make the package look more dynamic.

For stations like WNBC, WMAQ, KXAS and WRC, I'd expect that they would use buildings in place of the palm trees in their respective packages, which would make the package look more dynamic.

I agree, if they tone down all the spinning and feature local buildings in the open. It wouldn't be too bad.

The graphics are nice, but I wish there was some way they can use darker colors for the 11pm newscast. I'm mainly talking about the sidebars, curtains, pillars or whatever you call them when they show video in 4:3 ratio.

Also agree with the post above regarding local buildings instead of palm trees in the open. Overall very nice. I'm sure there is more tweaking to be done.

Or in KXAS's case...cactus, cowboy hats, cows, and MORE COWBELL!!! =D

Yeah that will work just well for the DFW area.

I am hoping KXAS doesn't go with this graphic package, and instead uses the blue/red package they have been using in promos/topicals the past few months.

Archived