WNBC Taps McGinn to Develop Local Digital News Channel

TrfRptr

The whole 24/7 newschannel is going to be interesting. I'm glad they've gotten an experienced person to do it. It'll be interesting to see this develop over the next few months.

Let's just hope that this digital news channel works. If it doesn't, WNBC will be in trouble. But, I think they can pull it off. They have great anchors and reporters and a great behind-the-scenes crew that can do it.

It will finally add something different to the New York Area, I think it will likely be successful because they are already familiar to a lot of New Yorkers, I think this will perhaps increase their ratings.

Perhaps it might be something like KNBC's NewsRaw. Though for some time, it has been giving way to the Olympics.

It's not, it's going to be more like NY1/News 12, with less public affairs live footage.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not, it's going to be more like NY1/News 12, with less public affairs live footage.

I don't think we can expect it to look like NY1 or News 12. For one reason WNBC is a full on Union Shop that does not permit one-man bands, whereas thats all NY1 or News 12 does. Second, there is more money behind WNBC. It can afford more live shots, although to save on satellite costs it might use only microwave shots for 4.4 newscasts. This would force crews closer to the city, and would also save on travel times for crews (saving on overtime), since NBC seems intent on not hiring many more staffers for the project.

I don't think we can expect it to look like NY1 or News 12. For one reason WNBC is a full on Union Shop that does not permit one-man bands, whereas thats all NY1 or News 12 does.

Of the News 12's...only News 12 Bronx/Brooklyn are do-it-all shops.

• 1 month later...

Archived