Vince Dementri won't be back with NBC10

TVNewsAnalyzer

read in the Philadelphia Inquirere today, even though he had no involvement in damaging Lori Delgado's car, he still will no longer be on the air with NBC10

Do you have a link to the article/column? I haven't seen or heard anything of the sort as of yet.

Buzz says NBC10 anchor Vince DeMentri, off the air since early July during a station probe of an incident involving the car and hair-care products of NBC10 anchor Lori Delgado, won't be back. DeMentri's attorney Paul Rosen of Spector Gadon & Rosen, who said he was talking to NBC lawyers, said the station knew there were no criminal charges pending or threatened. "The original publicity on nonexistent charges was an unfortunate mistake as the follow-up reports by the police indicated," he said, adding that "Delgado made it clear that DeMentri had no involvement in either the keying of the car or the disappearance and return of her hair dryer and curling iron. The absurdity of these incidents, and the lack of Vince's involvement, causes one to wonder why [NBC10] would be taking any action to place Vince's existing contract and position in jeopardy."

If they let Vince go, it'll be a big mistake and the way his lawyer's talking, I smell a law suit.

Geez, Philly has some crazy people...Alycia, Larry, and now Vince...

Except even Lori admitted Vince has done nothing wrong, if you believe that article (and, in turn, Vince's attorney.) And even if you don't, the police who investigated the matter have said similar things.

I could sorta understand if he were charged with something, but if he's gone, he's in the right to sue. On the surface this sounds like an anchor ego scuffle which the police thankfully were wiser about.

-T

If they let Vince go, it'll be a big mistake and the way his lawyer's talking, I smell a law suit.

I agree. I don't know even why they're doing this since everyone came out and siad he didn't really do anything. My underlying feeling is that they're trying to free up some cap room to sign Dave Huddleston. That's my guess.

I agree. I don't know even why they're doing this since everyone came out and siad he didn't really do anything. My underlying feeling is that they're trying to free up some cap room to sign Dave Huddleston. That's my guess.

Well he must be a person that a lot staffers don;t like. That will win you a ticket out the door everytime

If everyone is saying that he didn't do anything wrong, then why not just put him back on? It doesn't make any sense to me. (sigh) If Vince is let go, let it be on his own accord. I know he's going through a divorce, so give him his space. If NBC 10 does make a move for Dave Huddleston, I hope he gets it. I miss him on television.

I'd love to see Dave Huddleston on NBC 10, but I don't think he would want to be the # 2 guy behind Tim Lake. I mean Tim Lake is a good anchor, but I'd prefer Huddleston over him. Plus, he was the main anchor along with Stensland on FOX 29... Now back to the Vince DeMentri story... even if these allegations that he vandelized Lori Delgado's car was true and he was charged, might not be wise for NBC 10 to let him go. I think at this point, the details are really blurry. I mean first of all, are we even sure that this is true? I read somewhere that Delgado said that he didn't do anything wrong. But then again, we are talking about the same NBC 10 management that let Mendte go from NBC 10 five years ago....

• 4 weeks later...

I liked Vince's work as an investigative reporter. I also liked him as an anchor. Oh, well. All good things must come to an end, don't they? I think NBC 10 made a mistake in letting him go. Hopefully, if he sues, he'll get his job back.

The other day, Newsblues had an exclusive report on the situation. He, in fact, DID vandalize Lori Delgado's car. Remember about a year ago when there was a rumor that a co-anchor team had been having a relationship, but we were unable to figure out who it was. Well, Lori Delgado and Vince Dementri fit right into that. After he broke it off, she was reassigned from being his co-anchor on MyPhl 17 News at 10 to morning news co-anchor. He keyed her car to get back at her for a relationship she was having with a station photographer. Management confronted him a surveilence tape that caught him in the act.

The reason this all has been kept quiet is because Lori Delgado declined to press charges out of fear that details of their affair would emerge. In retrospective, the report from Newsblues makes perfect sense. Vince Dementri was suspended after that meeting with management, and now it seems he's been officially let go. Of course, Larry Mendte and Alycia Lane sorta beat this story to punch.

if you think the cheating is true ( delgado and dimentri), and the whole mendte affair of impropriety, it says a lot about the state of marriage in just a small sampling of people, all of whom probably enjoy a comfortable life and decent looks. Money and fame ( sorta) doesn't buy happiness apparenly

Archived