NBC 10... on a temp set?

Jess

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the thing I meant is that we're assuming 10 and/or 17 would be bothered to do that newscast in HD to begin with...

I would think so. They just spent a hell of a lot of money renovating 17's studios and that included an HD control room so I would think 17 would want 10 to produce their newscast in HD.

On a personal note, I am looking forward to seeing the new NBC10.

I passed the NBC10 studios yesterday, while I was at Villanova. And off-topic, but still relevant, I see that the progress of the new 6ABC building is going along great.

Finally, gotta love the 'Trust the Bowtie' billboard on the Schuykill Expressway. NBC10 rules.

-- Matt

• 3 weeks later...
Well tomorrow's December 1. "HD coming this December". Any word on a date? I'm sure we'll hear it soon from 10 by the anchors and commercials, but was wondering if anyone knew.

I've heard tomorrow and next Monday. I'm leaning towards next Monday cause they have yet to announce a date and if they want to make a big deal out of this, they would have started last week if tomorrow was the target date. Also another sign that points to next Monday is that most of 10's big changes to its newscasts either happen in September to kick off the fall season or the 2nd week of December. Case and point, All That & More was launched in December and a year before that, 10 started producing WPHL's newscasts the 2nd week of December as well. We shall see though.

I've heard tomorrow and next Monday. I'm leaning towards next Monday cause they have yet to announce a date and if they want to make a big deal out of this, they would have started last week if tomorrow was the target date. Also another sign that points to next Monday is that most of 10's big changes to its newscasts either happen in September to kick off the fall season or the 2nd week of December. Case and point, All That & More was launched in December and a year before that, 10 started producing WPHL's newscasts the 2nd week of December as well. We shall see though.

Ok, cool! Thanks for the info! I'll be looking for it!

Someone on avsforum.com mentioned a target date of December 8 - this was right when they went to the temp set, months before promotion even began for the switch. So far, everything seems to be mostly on track for a December 8 launch.

I would start looking out for a date to appear on ads or during newscasts...

Archived