Jess

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No debut yet.

This week has been rumored, but I doubt it'll debut. 10 usually telegraphs major changes days and even weeks in advance. Given that I haven't seen anything pointing to a new look besides the temp set yet, I don't think they're ready...

Do you have a capture? and does it use Look c?

Well the graphics used are generic but the logo used animates like it's from Look C. The promo was recorded in HD as is done from the bare empty unfinished studio. There seems to be a series of them with different talent reading viewer emails asking why they aren't in HD, and then ends with the talent walking off saying something to the effect of "HD is going to happen iin this room" then the logo animates (somewhat differently from the other O&Os' logos) in over top of a "COMING IN DECEMBER: WE SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST" tag.

...thank god I decided to record NBC tonight...

captures are coming. I have to say, though, that the new open looks extremely nice - possibly the best one an area station has used since those amazing KYW New Millenium pieces from 1999. Certainly, this look appears to be improving considerably with each station it goes to. The promo campaign looks extremely well thought out and planned - certainly the best they've done in quite a few years.

and for all those curious... yes, it looks like they're keeping the current theme. And yes, it looks like it fits the new graphics like a glove.

10 looks like they're *gasp* doing this right for a change.

10's news going HD could mean the NEW NBC O&O graphics will also debut in December. What's next? Maybe a WCAU-signature news package by Gari in the books (like WRC did based on their Working for You signature)?

Um there's no could about it.

Archived