WCBS over the top sweeps segment?

IceManNYR

In the last 45min I've seen at least 5 short and or long from promos for an 11pm Sweeps segment on married Orthodox Jewish couples who are unfaithful and swingers.

It may just be me but, besides trying to get people to tune in, I'm not finding what the value in airing a segment like this is?

Other stations have dropped these special "sweeps" stories, which I think is great.

I can't watch WCBS anymore. They were strong for a period, now all their newscast is concerned with crappy stories like the one you mentioned and cosmetics/beauty reports for women disguised as health reports.

Other stations have dropped these special "sweeps" stories, which I think is great.

I can't watch WCBS anymore. They were strong for a period, now all their newscast is concerned with crappy stories like the one you mentioned and cosmetics/beauty reports for women disguised as health reports.

Don't forget about the one on one interview with Valerie Bertinelli!

Well WCBS does gear their newscast at a younger demographic (Young Lead Anchors) with their stories. I think we had a discussion about the specific demographics in which each station is aiming towards, forgot the thread title, but a story like the one mentioned above would be quite appealing to a 20 thru 40 year old audience, rather than a mature 40 thru 60 year old audience.

It depends on the mentality of the people. I'm 18, but I'd rather enjoy serious stories for sweeps rather than the usual fluff crap the producers put on the sweeps stories. I wonder from where do they get their "ideas" for sweeps stories.

Archived