My13 News replaced with FOX News @ 11

News4LA

Why doesn't the 11pm newscast just air on KTTV and put The Simpsons or some other syndicated sitcom on KCOP??

I've never understood why in New York City that Fox owned WNYW and WWOR air competing newscasts at 10pm unless the WWOR newscast is still tied more to the New Jersey area?

• 2 weeks later...

How sad ! The two stations that Hal Fishman worked at has gone by the way side with the end of MY 13 News and its own news identity (KCOP) and KTLA (Bankruptcy via Tribune Company's Bankruptcy and the station very Poor management of late (last 5 + years.) At least they still produce news. What a Shame it had to come to this.M-m-m!

Why doesn't the 11pm newscast just air on KTTV and put The Simpsons or some other syndicated sitcom on KCOP??

I've never understood why in New York City that Fox owned WNYW and WWOR air competing newscasts at 10pm unless the WWOR newscast is still tied more to the New Jersey area?

This thread mentioned that Fox wanted to merge WWOR and WNYW but the local politicians said no way.

Guest Former Member 207
I dont think KCBS will get rid of the KCAL identity for one reason: KCAL has the better reputation/higher positive image.

Not just that, but the primary reason why people really tune in to Channel 9, besides the news--Lakers and Dodgers telecasts.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with a previous poster who said that the 11pm newscast should just air on KTTV, since it's people and it's branding is used. They should start up a new newscast at 10pm on KCOP (either a half hour or a full hour) and change the focus of it (give it a more urban focus, or on the other hand, give it more of a suburban focus).

I'm sorry to say this but the day they ended My13 News should've been the end of airing any sort of newscasts on Channel 13. I doubt their ratings are any different. If they had the 11pm show on FOX 11, maybe then the 10pm audience would keep it on Channel 11 for another half hour.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, maybe broadcasting KTTV's news on KCOP isn't a bad idea.

I mean, in the first few months that KDFW joined the Fox station bandwagon, it's sister station KDFI broadcasted News 4 Texas at 9:00 at the exact same time as KDFW..but that was the only news they ever did. KDFI wouldn't do news again unless a Rangers/Stars game finished up (FOX4 News Wrap, as it was called).

Just like KDFW and KDFI are owned by Fox, so would be KTTV and KCOP..though I AM told that not all the MyTV stations are owned by Fox.

Archived