WPSG Getting a 10PM Newscast

WCAUTVNBC10

Laura Nachman is reporting that the newscast launches Feb. 2.

http://lauranachman.wordpress.com/

It'll be nice to see Dave at 10 again. I'll gladly choose 57 over 29 with all the replacing 29 has done. Bolaris for Guarino (weak), Huddleston for Drayton (who?), and Tolly for... everyone in the sports department.

• 3 weeks later...

KYW has all their SUVs parked along Spring Garden street, and walking by today I noticed that the CW-mobile got a new wrap. Along with Michael Scott and "The Office" logo on the back, on the hood I noticed an "Eyewitness News on The CW" logo. That's about all the advertising I've seen for the new 'cast. Anybody seen any commercials or print ads?

Michael Scott and "The Office" logo on the back

Interesting, can you elaborate?

As for the promotion, CBS O&O's typically don't promote their sister station's newscast(s) outside of their own newsroom. Kinda why WBZ tried unsuccessfully at four different newscasts on WSBK.

Well' date=' I've gotta say it about time! If you think Wake Up News in the morning made it out well after 3 years, then the new 10pm news could give 17 (which runs their news from 10) a run for their money.[/quote']

We've finally found TVNewsTalk's John Madden equivalent. Huzzah.

29's been a shell of itself for the better part of the last year and 10's product on 17 has always been weak at best. With a familiar face behind the desk it should do all right.

KYW has all their SUVs parked along Spring Garden street, and walking by today I noticed that the CW-mobile got a new wrap. Along with Michael Scott and "The Office" logo on the back, on the hood I noticed an "Eyewitness News on The CW" logo. That's about all the advertising I've seen for the new 'cast. Anybody seen any commercials or print ads?

There are only two commercials running now, a :10 and a :30 I believe, on 57. Both are just Huddleston giving the show a shout-out and a closing graphic.

The show originates from the same studio as EWN, but they brought in some new set pieces - still in the style of the CBS set- to give it a slightly different look.

yeah, I saw the ads on 57. There's an all-graphic one, and one with Dave Huddleston in Washington where he compares the show with the new administration - "change has come to America, now change is coming to the 10pm news". I thought THAT one was quite tacky...

So if Dave is anchoring the 10pm cast, is he doing it alone? Does that mean he will still be doing weekends on channel 3? Might he add another weekday assignment, like anchoring the 4pm news? And who will be anchoring the weekend edition of the 10pm news on 57, Mary Stoker Smith?

So if Dave is anchoring the 10pm cast, is he doing it alone? Does that mean he will still be doing weekends on channel 3? Might he add another weekday assignment, like anchoring the 4pm news? And who will be anchoring the weekend edition of the 10pm news on 57, Mary Stoker Smith?

He'll be working 6 days a week on 57 and he'll be doing it solo. During the week he'll be general assignment reporter as always since he started. Mary will most likely solo the 10 and 11 on Sundays.

Archived