Your Station's Handling of "The Early Show"

Mario500

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately due to the expansion of the local morning newscast and the inclusion of the 7:00 AM hour of "The Early Show", WKRG did not air "The CBS Morning News" live at 4:30 AM today. Instead, we got another half-hour of "Up to the Minute" as usual. Viewers were not warned of this in advance. In just a moment, I'll be making a phone call to TV5 expressing concern for the station and remind them what notorious ABC affiliate WEAR did to "World News This Morning" some years ago.

in the Cincy/Dayton area

WHIO Channel 7 is running the whole show from 7-9am, i know that hate it though because there 7am newscast was very high rated and now the Fox affiliate is boasting that they are the only local news on from 7-9am.. no plans as of yet of making another 7am show on another station

WKRC Local 12 is now airing Early from 7-9am and has moved it's local 7am show to sister station CinCW which airs on cable stations across the Tri-state

in the Cincy/Dayton area

WHIO Channel 7 is running the whole show from 7-9am, i know that hate it though because there 7am newscast was very high rated and now the Fox affiliate is boasting that they are the only local news on from 7-9am.. no plans as of yet of making another 7am show on another station

WKRC Local 12 is now airing Early from 7-9am and has moved it's local 7am show to sister station CinCW which airs on cable stations across the Tri-state

Give them all about 6 months to a year and the 7am local news is going to be back. It's happened time after time CBS has decided to "relaunch" it's morning show.

After yet another day of program interruptions due to bad weather in some parts of the TV market and other poor programming decisions ("The CBS Evening News" began airing at 5:37 PM due to a newscast segment previously held back and another weather update), I found out minutes ago that WKRG is now airing "The CBS Morning News" live at 4:30 AM before the local newscast. Maybe they got my recorded message on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

WCSC in Charleston, market 100 has run the Early Show in its entirety since the relaunch with Jane Clayson in 1999.

During the 7:00 hour, since they have a morning newscast on the local Fox affiliate, WTAT, they don't even do a news update. All they do is a brief weather and "hot spot" traffic report.

WBTW in Florence/Myrtle Beach now also runs the entire Early Show, and starts their morning news at 5 am. They used to start at 5:30, like WKRG, and the 7 am hour was mostly local, with some bits of the Early Show, but it is all national except for the cut-ins now.

This leaves the Grand Strand and Pee Dee with no morning news after 7, because WPDE's attempt at a morning news on their CW affiliate WWMB failed after just a few months.

Archived