WTVJ Getting Ready for NBCMiami!

Alex

I MUCH prefer the peacock-less lower third design used by WCAU and WRC over the one used by the other stations. Something about that element didn't really seem right to me.

Although I wish the lower thirds were actual HD quality...

Two points... 1. WHY in the WORLD did they use NBC NG4? 2. How long before the L3ds are frozen and have a lightbeam like KNTV' date='KXAS,KNBC,KNSD Etc...[/quote']

Actually KNSD's are not frozen. However since KNSD is not in HD, they squeezed the L3 so you can see the full animated feather and they got rid of the animated clouds on the bottom portion of the L3. However for Commercial Break Bumpers, they still use the animated clouds on the bottom portion as well as the large feather, so all you can see is just a moving triangle.

only on the 4pm newscasts, KNSD uses the WRC L3's but in Orange tone.

I believe KNSD is the only NBC O&O station that doesnt show its website under its station logo on its newscasts. They only show "nbcsandiego.com" when its under a Anchor Name on its L3's

Actually KNSD's are not frozen. However since KNSD is not in HD, they squeezed the L3 so you can see the full animated feather and they got rid of the animated clouds on the bottom portion of the L3. However for Commercial Break Bumpers, they still use the animated clouds on the bottom portion as well as the large feather, so all you can see is just a moving triangle.

only on the 4pm newscasts, KNSD uses the WRC L3's but in Orange tone.

I believe KNSD is the only NBC O&O station that doesnt show its website under its station logo on its newscasts. They only show "nbcsandiego.com" when its under a Anchor Name on its L3's

WCAU doesn't have the web address either (prolly cause it's so damned long, nbcphiladelphia.com really now?).

WCAU doesn't have the web address either (prolly cause it's so damned long, nbcphiladelphia.com really now?).

my question is

why does not NBC centralize every damned thing out of NY (as if anyone outside of NY gives a crap about it) and on the main screen say choose your local station?

ie. nbc.com opens a lead page which asks the operator to choose to which market they want to go. Then all the logos of its properties would allow you to easily pop around the country and it is all originating out of one NY computer. Seems to be the next logical move in the delocalizing and removal of any local id or branding of a news product.

Archived