WTVJ Getting Ready for NBCMiami!

Alex

Via SFLTV.com:

"Hello NBCMiami! SFLTV.com was the first to inform in early January of the new site and graphics changes at NBC6. Just as promised, here they are! (Kinda) Although no official launch date has been announced publicly by WTVJ, inside sources still tell me that the launch date is planned for March 16th. In addition to the new site, we’re still expecting to see the new NBC O&O graphics and music."
More info, and photos of the new site here.

When you look at the photos on SFLTV, look at the "blooper." I love how the people designing the site aren't aware that Good Morning America is on ABC. ;) edit: which is apparently old news...

When you look at the photos on SFLTV, look at the "blooper." I love how the people designing the site aren't aware that Good Morning America is on ABC. ;)

That "blooper" was on all of the new NBC Local Media website prototypes. Old news.

That "blooper" was on all of the new NBC Local Media website prototypes. Old news.

So they use a shell to design the sites... Hm. Didn't know that. You would think someone would have fixed it by now, then.

Well I guess I can post some screencaps of the 'new' look here. And somebody please tell me how to properly convert dvr-ms on Windows 7 to something more standard and I might be able to up the video. (Don't worry it's not the screwy new WTV format)

...the only other difference I can find is that the other screens are showing the basic logo - without promoting the website or HD.

WOW, what did they use to make that edit? This new, complicated program called Paint?

Nice redesign of the logo from the screenshot. However, this seems to be the first logo they've had since they moved from Channel 4 to 6 without "NBC" actually being written in the logo. Also it's interesting are just modifying this logo over the years without a major overhaul or creating a new logo...

OK this is sad. WTVJ got the new graphics before WMAQ did. The NG4 music seems ok for the station. Wish they could have used something other than the palm trees too.

At least they put their own twist into the graphics for "South Florida Nightly News" and "South Florida Tonight".

As much as I like the graphics, I'd much prefer WMAQ getting WNBC's over the standardized look the others are using.

Is WMAQ getting the new gfx? I hope they keep the Tower

The sleek, modern WNBC look (graphics, newsroom/studio) is what WMAQ needs. Everything except WNBC's music. WMAQ's current set and graphics are old and stale looking. WMAQ could easily adapt WNBC's newsroom/studio set due to the place already having the right layout.

Set, graphics, music, etc. have never really been a priority at WMAQ the past 7 years or so, and as far as I know, it currently still isn't a priority for WMAQ. Management there will only spend the money when they really need to and figures they're ok at being #2 in Chicago so why bother making changes that aren't absolutely necessary. I have the feeling when their lease is up with "Studio 5", they won't be renewing..

The Look C graphics on WTVJ is going to take some getting used to, as well as the NG4 music package. But WELL DONE, WTVJ!!!

What is WMAQ waiting for?! I will be heartbroken if of all NBC O&Os, much less NBC affiliates, 5 picks the NG4 over the Tower V4.

Aha' date=' that seems right. I guess the l3ds take up too much memory on the deko.[/quote']

I hate the look of the frozen peacock feather. It looks so... tacky. Although it was a tad distracting before, I'll take it any day over what they have now.

i wonder if wplg will get new graphics? now that wtvj has decent graphics the only one who needs to get new graphics will be wfor.

I'm almost willing to guarantee it. :(

Archived