Steve Bartelstein Bio is missing?

cbs2idiots

His comments sometimes are a little bit out there and I think that may be the reason why he's been cut. Like the the story where students, i think in a JHS, were given condoms after a aids/sex talk, Bartelstein then made a comment about using them as water balloons.

His comments sometimes are a little bit out there and I think that may be the reason why he's been cut. Like the the story where students, i think in a JHS, were given condoms after a aids/sex talk, Bartelstein then made a comment about using them as water balloons.

But that's why he was hired, because he's a personality and makes jokes like that. That's why he's been such a popular anchor. I think he often pushes the line but I don't recall ever seeing him cross it.

I wonder if it's just a budget cut or if it's something else.

No, "a source" told Huff it was Bartelstein's choice.

You're right, I looked at it too quickly.

The article has been updated to say that they're going to look for a replacement... I hope they hire from within. I'd love to see Cindy anchoring regularly again.

You're right, I looked at it too quickly.

The article has been updated to say that they're going to look for a replacement... I hope they hire from within. I'd love to see Cindy anchoring regularly again.

I second that. Cindy is such a good talent and deserves to do a whole lot more than what she is currently doing. I also think Kirstin Cole would be a good option. You know what else I think they could do? Let Mary anchor weekend evenings and put Kirstin and Cindy on mornings. Give Mary a break.

He didn't get paid yet and says he needs to pay medical bills and other things? Wow, No wonder he stepped down.

I guess he has another job line up because I would not quit at a time like this when the economy is going downhill.

I think this quote in the Daily News article sums it up,

Friends and former co-workers were shocked at the latest development. "It takes about 30 seconds to like Steve and a lifetime to figure him out"]

The intial article from the Daily News did NOT include quotes or an interview with Bartelstein. The updated verision (around 3PM) includes a return call from him clarifying what happened.

I don't blame him for being upset, quitting might be slightly irrational. The paycheck thing, I can understand if needing the money at X time is important and then it's delayed, it really can mess things up. Further, if CBS2 was adding responsibility and increasing his workload but NOT compensating him for that, I'd be pissed off to.

Good luck Steve, maybe News 12? lol

Very interesting story nonetheless. I guess WCBS is strapped for cash. They probably wanted to hold on to the cash a bit longer on their balance sheets, hence the snailmail delivery of the check.

Well there's a discussion on tvspy.com about how the NY Post is saying there will be major changes on the PIX Morning News, including anchor shuffles. I don't think WPIX is looking to hire anyone since they've fired a lot of behind the scenes workers, but it's possible. As someone suggested on tvspy, why not to FOX5 to replace Greg Kelly.

It could be Suki's replacement when she has her baby.

Thinking CBS has a cash flow problem on one check or thinking an often out of control anchor has issues? Hmmmm? I'll go with Steve having a hissy fit/drugs/boyfriend problems. It is his MO.

I think Steve has seriously damaged his future. CBS 2 was beyond generous in hiring him after what he pulled over at ABC 7. I originally thought it was a terrible move but then Steve's personality definitely grew on me. However, quitting a station like this is a very weird thing to do, and then going to the newspaper and saying that it's because they mailed him a check and didn't let him pick it up? I mean, are you kidding me? And then he says that he's behind in his medical payments and he's had to borrow money... and so he responds by QUITTING?

What station would hire this guy? ABC 7 gave him like five extra chances, now this... I just don't get it.

Is there more to this story?

I wish Steve the best in his future endeavours. However, there was one thing he said in that Daily News article that rubbed me the wrong way:

"I said, you gave me the weekend morning job,I came in low because I wanted to show you my appreciation."

Now I don't live in the area and don't know much about him. But to me, that sorta sounds like he felt he was entitled to a higher position from the time he arrived at CBS2. If that's the case, he needs to examine his ego or something. A weekend morning anchor job is better than no job I say, especially after being fired from your previous employer.

I think Steve has seriously damaged his future. CBS 2 was beyond generous in hiring him after what he pulled over at ABC 7. I originally thought it was a terrible move but then Steve's personality definitely grew on me. However, quitting a station like this is a very weird thing to do, and then going to the newspaper and saying that it's because they mailed him a check and didn't let him pick it up? I mean, are you kidding me? And then he says that he's behind in his medical payments and he's had to borrow money... and so he responds by QUITTING?

What station would hire this guy? ABC 7 gave him like five extra chances, now this... I just don't get it.

Is there more to this story?

I agree with you, Steve damaged is future, well in NYC. It looks like he is living pay check to pay check and at a time like this I would not be quitting any job. But I do believe there is more to this story. It it coming out in bits of pieces.

If only he had gone with direct deposit...

lol

Well I do think it may have been intentional because of cash problems. If you pick up your check every Friday for a year, why would it be sent to you out of no where? Just because Steve was the one who disclosed his problem, doesn't mean that it didn't affect others at the station as well. But i do agree that its a weird reason to quit a job. I do think it's more than that, perhaps the whole deal of having to anchor news early in the morning till late at night and having to substitute Sam on the weekdays got to him and maybe he didn't get a thank you, hence the "appreciation" point he brings up.

saying that it's because they mailed him a check and didn't let him pick it up? I mean, are you kidding me? And then he says that he's behind in his medical payments and he's had to borrow money... and so he responds by QUITTING?

Didn't he ever hear of direct deposit. Faster than picking up a check and preferred by employers. he is a whack job, sorry, but he is

Archived