Steve Bartelstein Bio is missing?

cbs2idiots

Didn't he ever hear of direct deposit. Faster than picking up a check and preferred by employers. he is a whack job, sorry, but he is

His choice of attire telegraphed that to me YEARS ago!!!!

This whole thing is so silly, rofl. Obviously he did not need the job because, its kinda crazy for someone to be willing to give up such a job like that especially doing these times. Hell after what happened at WABC, he should have been kissing their ass and thanking them everyday for giving him a chance, what does he expect? Weeknights at 11PM? After what he pulled off? He's lucky he even got that job in the first place.. Give me a break.. That was very dumb if not a completely mindless thing for him to do. Either way, he's messed up his career in the news business big time and at this point, I don't think there is anymore room on the scenes for him here in New York.

I must add though, for him to quit like that is kinda a very childish thing for him to do, there must be something else behind it, because I just don't get it... if what that newspaper says is true, "leaving because you didn't get your check in time because you have medical bills?" "I feel underappreciated" Those are the remarks of a troubled person, no question about it. That's why Direct Deposit exists as some of you pointed out.

He's a fool too if he says that he's "underappreciated" especially since the station gave him extra work doing Sports and even anchoring during the nights of the past few weekends, they pretty much kissed his butt which should not be happening, so for him to willingly resign during these tough times, must have been either because he has another job on the line, or he's just crazy.. I think there is definitely much more to this story, that he probably just doesn't want to reveal because this all makes no sense to me...

I think what he meant when he said he was "underappreciated" was that he felt he wasn't getting paid enough (i.e., more) for doing extra duty on the sports desk in addition to his weekend anchor duties. He probably figured more work should = more $$$.

Not in this economy, Steve-O. Those of us with jobs are all doing more work for the same or less $$$ - welcome to the real world!

Very interesting story nonetheless. I guess WCBS is strapped for cash. They probably wanted to hold on to the cash a bit longer on their balance sheets, hence the snailmail delivery of the check.

Well there's a discussion on tvspy.com about how the NY Post is saying there will be major changes on the PIX Morning News, including anchor shuffles. I don't think WPIX is looking to hire anyone since they've fired a lot of behind the scenes workers, but it's possible. As someone suggested on tvspy, why not to FOX5 to replace Greg Kelly.

I don't think WPIX is hiring either.

But I think anybody on FOX5 would be better than Kelly, and I think Bartelstein is worth a try.

Thanks. I wonder where she is today?

This is unconfirmed, but I read somewhere that she is still living in the NY area (I believe it was Connecticut) and after she left WNBC, she was still under contract with them and that is why she couldn't do work for a TV station in the area.

Archived