WABC updates bio page...finally

wabceyewitness

Channel 7 has gotten rid of those ugly fake Cirlce-7 backgrounds and some of the horrible images of its talent on the bio page of 7online.com. Brand new photos of some reporters an anchors have been taken and an updated background of the current set has is used as the background on all photos now.

Take a look:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/newsteam

Just an average website update, but we know those WABC fans.

HAH! I'm not sure if it's nerdy, or an obsession. I mean, really? A thread about updated background images on the bios page???

HAH! I'm not sure if it's nerdy, or an obsession. I mean, really? A thread about updated background images on the bios page???

Of course absolutely nothing else on this message board is even close to being nerdy.

Some pictures still have different a tint, which suggest an older picture.

Just an average website update, but we know those WABC fans.

Some of them are still the older pictures, but seem to have been either re-touched or they went back and found the original image instead of continuing to edit the same one over and over...

And... WABC has more viewers = more fans = more posts about them.... get over it already.

Something I've noticed on the weekends for a few months now is,

the lighting for the weather person is might brighter then the rest of the news anchors.

Every weekend the lighting on Heidi Jones is to bright.

Can they just lower the iris on the camera just a little if they can't adjust the lighting?

Even in the wide shot Lauren and Heidi look like they have more light on them.

I know Lauren being in the bright white shirt does not help the lighting either.

d253be39774173.gifecb1fb39774176.gif8ff7c339774178.giffc626a39774182.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Some of them are still the older pictures, but seem to have been either re-touched or they went back and found the original image instead of continuing to edit the same one over and over...

And... WABC has more viewers = more fans = more posts about them.... get over it already.

Haha, after the DTV switch, I had like 15 or so customers come in the past few days asking me why they can't get Channel 7... So I don't know, I know a lot of people with the converter boxes that are unable to get Channel 7, so their ratings may diminish slightly because of that...

I don't have a problem with more posts, I have a problem with silly little topics like this.

What's next?

Did anybody notice the thin blue line under the news logo on the back left side of the desk????? I've never seen it before. THAT is obsessive, not nerdy.

I don't have a problem with more posts, I have a problem with silly little topics like this.

What's next?

Did anybody notice the thin blue line under the news logo on the back left side of the desk????? I've never seen it before. THAT is obsessive, not nerdy.

Nobody is forcing you to read any of these posts. If you don't want to read about changes WABC has made, then don't click on the posts. Get over yourself and contribute something constructive to the conversation or skip the post.

Nobody is forcing you to read any of these posts. If you don't want to read about changes WABC has made, then don't click on the posts. Get over yourself and contribute something constructive to the conversation or skip the post.

oh my god shut up

oh my god shut up

I did not start this negative trend in the conversation and I certainly won't be subjected to it without responding. Isn't it great when a simple conversation gets hijacked by jerks who are just out to ruin something they're not involved in?

I did not start this negative trend in the conversation and I certainly won't be subjected to it without responding. Isn't it great when a simple conversation gets hijacked by jerks who are just out to ruin something they're not involved in?

Hey, if you don't like reading what I post, skip over it. Nobody is forcing you to read what I post.

Hmm, it looks like another battle WABC Fan battle has commenced, we've been long overdue for another one, haha. I have one suggestion though before this thing explodes into a massive brawl:

I think it would be a better idea if we designated a thread for little nuance changes and other gossip that may occur at WABC or any other stations for the matter, to keep those who don't want to read it away.. And thus preventing the negative reply posts from becoming bash fests. A post like this kinda does exist for WPIX and CW11 such as the "Linda Church Moving To Weekends" thread... So I say create a thread just for that, to post minor changes and other gossip about WABC since there is a large enough audience anyway. Those who want to look will look and those who don't, won't and if they do, they shouldn't have anything to say about it since it is a thread that is designated for that purpose, haha.

I kinda find this rant fest to be interesting because I honestly believe that if this topic belonged to another station like WNBC or WCBS or any other station for the matter, we wouldn't see any of this occuring and there are several posts like this including a recent one involving WCBS updating its website, and nothing like this occured, ;). So think this is more of a target to WABC viewers, more than anything else. :awesome:.

Here are several other examples of threads just like this one that can easily be considered "unwarranted" or "silly" over the past few weeks and months:

CBS 2 Dissing Fox 5:

http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=5581

Michelle Charlesworth Pregnancy:

http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=5560

New Look for WCBSTV.com:

http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=5550

Why Doesn't CS: NY Mention WCBS in Episodes:

http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=5400

I Miss Roz Abrams:

http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=5422

Male Fashion Disasters:

http://www.packofseven.tv/tvnt/showthread.php?t=406

And there is MUCH more, haha. So bottom line, everyone is entitled to their thoughts, including WABC viewers, and if they feel they should post it, try to be kinda constructive about it, if it bothers you, then just don't post, there really is no written rule here designating the type of posts one can create its an open forum, so lets try to keep it that way.

I sense fire coming after, after this reply post, :lol:.

Hey, I'm not here to start a pissing match. This just so happened to be the thread I chose to vent a few lines. I've been in the television business for years and have been a fan since my teen years. But sometimes it gets silly here, other things are more tolerable than others.

It makes no difference to me if it's WABC or WNYW. I've lived in the NY market for just under three years now so I have no hate towards any station, of course I have my preferences...but I am very objective. If you notice I didn't single out a particular poster or station, just so happen to vent on this one.

I'd be happy to copy and paste. :awesome:

Archived