Lucy Noland to leave FOX5

cbs2idiots

I'm hoping Cindy Hsu tries to go for it , or they consider Cindy Hsu for the 5-6am anchor position of Good Day Wake up, The Newsreader for Good Day NY (as well as having feature reports/ interviews). She could also take Lucy's place on the 11am news at fox 5

Shon Gables and Cindy Hsu are great replacements. However, the management at WNYW (formerly at WCBS) I think will favor Shon over Cindy. They didn't like Dana and Cindy back at WCBS. I think Shon will have a greater chance because they did like her and gave her the morning spot. But didn't we last hear about Shon wanting a job at the national level and would she favor being second to Jodi? I think Shon is better than Jodi though. I hope there are more changes at WNYW, perhaps getting rid of Dari at 6pm. I would favor Cindy at 6pm, but then again Cindy deserves better than WNYW.

Well, FOX5 has much better stability than WCBS does. They don't change anchors every couple of weeks. They usually stick to things pretty well with minor changes here and there.

This happens to be one of those periods.

• 1 month later...

Why would anyone go from a NYC station to RNN which though is shown on NYC area cable systems is based in Kingston, NY?

I know ten years ago or so WRNN used to have much more news programming but in recent years they have cut back big time.

They now run infomercials 9pm-6:30pm and news programming 6:30pm-9pm.

Any idea just how many hours of news and non infomercial programming will be broadcast?

Why would anyone go from a NYC station to RNN which though is shown on NYC area cable systems is based in Kingston, NY?

Exactly. Normally people go to RNN BEFORE the big time. Phil Lipof came from RNN, then eventually went to WABC. Cat Greenleaf came from RNN, then went to WNBC. Kevin Connors, from RNN to WCBS. Rolland Smith made his comeback on RNN to return to WWOR. Even if they are adding a newsblock, how many people actually watch RNN for credible news? She had an easy plum job on FOX5. Who knows...if she stayed on FOX5 she could've moved to the weather department like Vanessa Alfano did on MY9! :D

However, the management at WNYW (formerly at WCBS) They didn't like Dana and Cindy back at WCBS.

Other than Lew Leone, who are on WNYW management that came from WCBS?

I was never a big fan of Stacey Ann, she just never really gave me the traffic the way I expected it, Vanessa on WCBS was the best, but let's not revisit the good glimpse of hope we saw at WCBS. I imagine that her contact was up as well and was unable to find work anywhere else, but that's just my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived