New 4 New York Opening

qwertnyc

Yeah, I saw that. It worked surprisingly well. If they had a jib, it would look even better. I wonder if they're just experimenting.

They also had a really interesting view of the plasmas displaying graphics before the open of the show.

It was very similar in concept, not as polished since the camera wasn't on a jib, it was just a ceiling camera panning across the studio. The newscasts have been "harder" lately, I wonder if things are going back to basics at WNBC?

They used the sweeping shot of the plasmas for the headlines again, instead of the typical B-Roll (not sure if that's the correct term):

eyetvsnapshot1749.th.jpg

The normal animated open was used tonight, as opposed to the ceiling cam. It was played out in SD, which was weird.

I like that style of open, very retro and to the point. They should keep it like that. Its a fast cut anyway, and its not like what they had before was that good. I really dig this! :).

• 4 weeks later...
I watched tonight and last night and the standard News 4 NY open was used. The only thing I noticed was the pre-open tease was done with the camera pointing at the flat screen monitor in the studio.

Of Course u didnt c it because WNBC is constantly changing they way they do things especilly at 5PM.. including the length of the show and the anchors of the show... and now there wont even be a 5pm NEWSCAST any more... lets see how long that lasts:)

Archived