New Today Show Graphics

Geoffrey

What does everyone think of Today's new look?

It looks a little bit like MSNBC's graphics... I wonder if they're trying to make that somewhat uniform across all of NBC News.

I don't like the white space between the time and "TODAYSHOW.COM"... seems wasted to me.

It's a dramatic change, but i like it. I was surprised when i saw it this morning. The new open looks really nice, clean and simple. The time and website name does seem like wasted space. But there is alot of wasted space at the bottom of that, hopefully affiliates will fill that with local news and such.

Overall 8/10

Its an improvement over the last ones and I think the music fits well..

The music is for the 4th hour of Today. I assume the video is just the open for the 4th hour, the 1st hour open is probably different.

I like the new look much better than the previous one.

It looks a little bit like MSNBC's graphics... I wonder if they're trying to make that somewhat uniform across all of NBC News.

I don't like the white space between the time and "TODAYSHOW.COM"... seems wasted to me.

According to an inside source, The Weather Channel is supposed to undergo a graphics overhaul in November (although this may be delayed due to issues with the new Istar LDL). Makes me wonder if we will see this new uniform look spill over onto TWC.

I think the only thing that I dislike is the white space at the bottom.

The Las Vegas affiliate does not use a ticker during the broadcast, so it just looks weird.

They should've gone with a bug instead.

Other than that, I like it!

And the open and some elements are in 60fps, instead of 30 like the last look.

Not very important, but it makes everything look smoother.

I love the new graphics. I was never a fan of the previous package and these are a big improvement!

On a side note, I was surprised when I was watching this morning on WJAC that they displayed a localized ticker with weather information, etc, but in kind of a network with the same font/color and NBC logo that was displayed in the YouTube video from WNBC. Previously, they would display their own localized ticker at the very bottom of the screen.

Also, I have always wondered about the temperature at the bottom of the screen on The Today Show. It is the current temperature at the time in NY or is it a temperature that is inserted or sent in by an affiliate. If it is the NY temp, why would they display it all over the country?

I love the new graphics. I was never a fan of the previous package and these are a big improvement!

Also, I have always wondered about the temperature at the bottom of the screen on The Today Show. It is the current temperature at the time in NY or is it a temperature that is inserted or sent in by an affiliate. If it is the NY temp, why would they display it all over the country?

OMG I agree!

Also, I have also always wondered about the time/temp thing!!!

I think the only thing that I dislike is the white space at the bottom.

The Las Vegas affiliate does not use a ticker during the broadcast, so it just looks weird.

same here in SD, no ticker. i tuned in the 10am for a bit to check it out, KNSD didnt even input the temperature so all you see is the time and a blank degree: 10:15 *

Archived