WCPO Goes Renderon.

Rtl2016

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now WPTV's got the new graphics.. And they're exactly the same as WCPO's?! What is up with all of these centralized graphics now a days?? WPTV didn't even need this change.. I thought that Sripps was just going to give all their stations that don't have Renderon, Renderon graphics.. Not give ALL of their stations the same exact package.. :eek:

Yeah, the L3s are way too big. They need to downsize or rework them. I thought they were working off a template WFTS was using, as that's where the hub is. Those opens unfortunately look WAY too template-y.

Definite and sad step back for WPTV.

I do kinda like the music (WPTV and WCPO's opens sound similar, I think it's a new group package but I don't know). It may sound like production music, yes. But wouldn't you have that to Gannett's "cat walking across the keyboard" music package?

This graphics package is pretty bad. Why are the L3rds so freaking big? And the colors are all wrong!

They look okay for WCPO IMO since their logo is similar colors to the package... But for WPTV, All I can say is... GET THAT CRAP OUT! :ack:

The open is the best part, and it's only decent at that. It looks too generic. Their last open did a nice job of combining some cool animation with regional icons (the map, the palm tree, etc.)

Those could be some of the worst lower thirds I've seen in quite a while. Even the standard Raycom HD package looks better than that. And believe me, I am no fan of anything Raycom related.

I am, however, a fan of pie.

I'm guessing the searchlight at the very beginning is a reference to Scripps' lighthouse logo...

Pretty faint searchlight at that... WPTV did not need the change at all, neither does WFTS, another awesome package in the trash!

As for the lower third, it's more like a lower half.. :bang:

Just an FYI... looks like KJRH picked up these graphics and the new music package today as well. This is probably the one station where it's actually an improvement on the previous look and feel.

Pretty fast work for a standardized rollout...

[yt]apTK-ReWIhM[/yt]

these are pathetically lame....the music is sucky too.

If these are RenderOn they obviously came from RenderOn's bargain bin. This sucks.

Nice, have the anchor names backward on the oversized lower-thirds. At least KSHB got that one right.

So to Scripps, it makes sense to spend a lot of money on graphics at WPTV (twice) and then spend more money on cringe-worthy group-wide graphics?

I might have to say that Gannett's graphics may be better (and I'm talking about the blue version; red, not so much).

Just an FYI... looks like KJRH picked up these graphics and the new music package today as well. This is probably the one station where it's actually an improvement on the previous look and feel.

Pretty fast work for a standardized rollout...

Is it possible to get a cap? (Former Tulsan speakin here, been a while since I've seen 2News' output, if you want to call it that.)

Archived