WCPO Goes Renderon.

Rtl2016

Is it possible to get a cap? (Former Tulsan speakin here, been a while since I've seen 2News' output, if you want to call it that.)

You're talking to a former Tulsan as well, so the only evidence I have are the monstrous lower-thirds that are present in the videos on the KJRH website and a few stingers mixed in.

I'm actually not completely against the music, either. Another improvement over the crap tracks of NBC Collection that I've heard on KJRH lately...

And yes, KJRH still and will always suck. I don't want to turn this into a discussion of Tulsa TV news, but I'm really surprised at how far KOKI has come in the short history of their news department, and working under the iron fist of Newport management.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hated WPTV's new open. First of all, the animation and design is "less than adequate", and what music are they using now?? The old graphics would really "pop" on the screen and they used The NBC Collection.

It is such a shame that Scripps would do this. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a few stations are starting to tweak the new graphics in a better way. KJRH has improved on the two-shot lower third and shrunk the standard lower-third to a much more manageable size...

KJRH-1.jpg KJRH-2.jpg

Like I've said before, the new look works for them since it's such an improvement over their previous graphic look, which was really horrendous.

It looks like The Insider's old graphics and any time you're comparing news graphics to those of a entertainment gossip show. It's bad. Really, really bad.

:p:bang::bang::bang::bang:

To be fair, KNXV's soon-to-be-former graphics were Insider-esque as well (and kinda busy also).

Nice to see at least one station "fixing" the lower thirds.

Looks like a few stations are starting to tweak the new graphics in a better way. KJRH has improved on the two-shot lower third and shrunk the standard lower-third to a much more manageable size...

KJRH-1.jpg KJRH-2.jpg

Like I've said before, the new look works for them since it's such an improvement over their previous graphic look, which was really horrendous.

KSHB also made the lower 3rds as small as KJRH too. I guess maybe they got some complaints or realized how monstrously big it was before. It definately a step in the right direction for the new graphics package.

Well, I just checked SouthernMedia, and they say that WPTV and WCPO are using the "Scripps TV Station Group Package" now. So something else did come with the new graphics....

That's the new music as heard

... it's probably not called "Scripps TV Station Group Package," that's just the name SouthernMedia gave it to go with the audio sample in hopes of someone identifying it.

WXYZ moved their bug lower today. More tolerable: yes. More better: no.

If they don't recolor these and bring back the old music (which I might add, they had only been using EWN NG for a few months at best.), I am well...just gonna keep complaining

If they don't recolor these and bring back the old music (which I might add, they had only been using EWN NG for a few months at best.), I am well...just gonna keep complaining

Then I hope you're ready for a few years of complaining.

How hard could have this been to recolor? Blue/white for WPTV, WXYZ, and WEWS... red for KJRH, WFTS, and KSHB, and the orangy-yellow already works for WCPO, WMAR, and KNXV.

Archived