KING/KONG New Graphics Package

Joe Capitano

KING/5 introduced its new graphics package on Monday, along with new music and opens. Some screencaps follow (Do Not Quote the entire lot when replying, please!).

Set 1: The slates. The first is the opening slate to the newscasts, the other two are from promos. (BTW: For those not already aware, KONG 6/16 is KING/5's sister station)

Set 2: Some teasers. Note in picture two a cardinal graphic sin - twin logos. In the third image, actor Sean Penn who was in Seattle Monday to show support for this Army officer who is being court martialed.

Set 3 - Top Line: Breaking News lower-thirds. Jim Forman, everybody's favorite nightsider, is on scene, Dennis Bounds and Lori Matsukawa are in studio (KING has two news sets. This is Studio B.). The fourth is the subject caption.

Set 3 - Bottom Line: An animated over-the-shoulder. From today's nooner on KING, Carolyn Douglas is the anchor - this time from Digital Studio A. The image zooms from the lower right corner of the box, and the caption is constructed left to right. Next to that, the Double Box and a reporter ID caption with "Live" bug.

Set 4: Assorted slates, a score graphic with ticker, a headline caption, and a sponsor ID slate.

Set 5: Weather graphics and slates. Notice the transparent logo bug to the right above the ticker.Unfortunately at one point this ends up clashing with the 5-day forecast. Graphic designers: Please (sorry, but I insist on this as a viewer), THIS MUST BE AVOIDED AT ALL COST! The maps are mostly designed to keep the talent (Rebecca Stevenson here) at screen right.

Looks like NBC/Novocom to me.

Ha... they reminded me more of the current NBC O&O Arthouse package.

Nice stuff! Now if WVEC would jump on the Belo new graphics bandwagon (KHOU, KING, WFAA, and to a lesser extent WWL). Is the new music Propulsion, something else, or is it a new custom theme? Their old music was nice, I hope they're using something along the lines of that.

Is that live shot of the Seattle skyline only used for KONG's newscasts, because I still se their world map set for their KING 5 newscasts.

they are done in two different studios, the KONG studios are used for their extended morning news (7-9AM) and for their 10p news, also for other franchise pieces. The set with the world map is in "Digital Studio A" and that set has a static background

This is the nicest Arthouse graphics we have seen yet!

These graphics, especially the OTS graphics remind me of the Torino 2006 Olympics graphics. Anyone else noticed that?

Also, I would love to see video of it.

Congrats, KING/KONG.

-- Matt

Arthouse didn't make those. Read up a little. It says they were custom made for Belo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived