WABC "Wonderful time of the Year"

wabceyewitness

I love it! One of the best holiday promos thus far in the market. I'm curious to see what WNBC's response will be because they are notorious for their well layed out holiday promos. This week I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but they've also updated their "Number 1 In New York" promos, and the music they use is rather interesting, it seems as if they are using cuts from a new package that I've never heard before, It sounds like an updated version of Frank Gari's News Series 2000 Plus. I'm guessing that it sounds like a cut that will be a from a future News Series 2000: New Generation Package, which in turn is hinting to me that they may perhaps switch back to News Series 2000? WLS in Chicago is also using similar updated News Series 2000 cuts for some of their segments as well. As a future news package overhaul again this is just all speculation but again WABC is always mysterious like that when they make changes, lol. So we'll have to wait and see. And statistically looking back from past years January and November seems to be the month when WABC unveils massive changes to their on-air look so I'm hoping that come this January 2010, they may unveil a new music package because the one they use now is 11 years old, its time they updated, to something that actually sounds like 2010 instead of 1998, lol.

speaking of new stuff from the CS department.. there should be a series of new "#1 in NY" promos that debut at some point today or tomorrow.

New graphics and some cuts of EWN NG.

I love it! One of the best holiday promos thus far in the market. I'm curious to see what WNBC's response will be because they are notorious for their well layed out holiday promos. This week I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but they've also updated their "Number 1 In New York" promos, and the music they use is rather interesting, it seems as if they are using cuts from a new package that I've never heard before, It sounds like an updated version of Frank Gari's News Series 2000 Plus. I'm guessing that it sounds like a cut that will be a from a future News Series 2000: New Generation Package, which in turn is hinting to me that they may perhaps switch back to News Series 2000? WLS in Chicagois also using similar updated News Series 2000 cuts for some of their segments as well. As a future news package overhaul again this is just all speculation but again WABC is always mysterious like that when they make changes, lol. So we'll have to wait and see. And statistically looking back from past years January and November seems to be the month when WABC unveils massive changes to their on-air look so I'm hoping that come this January 2010, they may unveil a new music package because the one they use now is 11 years old, its time they updated, to something that actually sounds like 2010 instead of 1998, lol.

Yes, although no doubt I'll get flamed for this as well, as I pointed out in my original post in this thread, there will be several new "#1 in NY" promos that role out... 3 or 4 in total to replace the old ones.

It is an entirely new EWN NG package that was designed by Gari specifically for WABC. It will start getting used more and more in the coming weeks.

Believe what you want.

Yes, although no doubt I'll get flamed for this as well, as I pointed out in my original post in this thread, there will be several new "#1 in NY" promos that role out... 3 or 4 in total to replace the old ones.

It is an entirely new EWN NG package that was designed by Gari specifically for WABC. It will start getting used more and more in the coming weeks.

Believe what you want.

Seems like they will finally retire Series 4 of Eyewitness News which is a great sounding package as well, but I think they've had it for too long and the music just doesn't go well with the graphics. If I recall correctly back in 1998, when they had updated their graphics they were using Series 1 before switching to Series 4 (what they currently use), in 1999 the following year. So this seems to be the likely scenario.. New Graphics first then music after wards...

Believe what you want.

Whatever happened to getting that picture of the chroma wall for that totally virtual set?

Been too busy with the new MegaSet to get it, I'm sure.

Ok, let me tell you the deal with the set everyone is talking about.

It's upstairs, on the 4th floor, not in studio 13.

If anyone remembers the days of the old weather center (with the desk and the monitor to the left, it's the same space)

It's a corner that's been painted green, yes, as in chromakey green.

The "projections" that you see behind whoever is there, is a computer image, kind of like a virtual set. Hence the way that the background can change, depending on the story, situation, segment, etc.

The two plasma monitors to the left are the only "real" part of the set, along with the lucite top desk.

It uses a flashcam.

There are no plans to use the space as a second main set for the newscasts. It can be used as a backup, if neccessary - just as the newsroom was after the fire in studio 13.

"Utterly false." - just to use your own words.

Ok, DMA, you're usually up on your stuff, but I see the thing everyday with my own eyes. If you really think that only rear projection would make an image appear faded, you have to realize that these days a computer can make images look like anything we want.

The image is only "blurred" when the control room VR is used. Other backgrounds are perfectly clear.

Uh huh.

wabc.thumb.jpg.6178d8eea6f12cc31a3c9b5e5e82acaa.jpg

Uh huh.

Honestly, if you're trying to discount what I have to say, by all means, it doesn't bother me in the least. I have nothing to prove, and only try to contribute to the board.

Whoever wants to write me off, be my guest.

As for the image, nice get. However, I'll still prove my point when I have a chance to get a shot outside of my already busy day. Not to prove myself right however, cause I don't care what anyone believes.

Watch when things change soon... If my posting about the 4 new promos before they even started to air doesn't say something, well, then... don't believe me when I say that there are more image changes coming.

Yes. Just click the link posted in the first message. WABC's Facebook is public so there's no need to have an FB account to view their posts.

Alas, it isn't that easy. If you click on the link , you're still asked to log in to Facebook, and since I don't belong to it, I cannot log in and am prevented from seeing the video. Any other ideas?

Honestly, if you're trying to discount what I have to say, by all means, it doesn't bother me in the least. I have nothing to prove, and only try to contribute to the board.

Whoever wants to write me off, be my guest.

As for the image, nice get. However, I'll still prove my point when I have a chance to get a shot outside of my already busy day. Not to prove myself right however, cause I don't care what anyone believes.

Watch when things change soon... If my posting about the 4 new promos before they even started to air doesn't say something, well, then... don't believe me when I say that there are more image changes coming.

More image changes coming..Such as???

WPVI is now airing a promo strikingly similar to that used on WPVI-North--err, WABC.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/video?id=7147333

Same song, with references obviously changed. However, where 7 relies on CGI graphics, 6's promo takes place around their far more impressive set.

I actually prefer the way the 6 version is set up...

Archived