WPIX video used by WABC

IceManNYR

I noticed during a report on WABC the video came from WPIX.

52095957545053.gif96125c57545055.gif

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Do WPIX and WABC have any type of regular agreement to share video?

Funny I how I just saw the same I was wondering why they did that, lol. I guess they can pool their resources together. This isn't the first time we've seen that though...

Most or all of the NYC stations have an agreement to share news services. Or something like that. This was announced maybe about a year ago. Around the same time is when 11 dumped their chopper and a few months later starting using 2's. Then 4 and 5 did the same. Trying to find the press release or even a thread here about it...

Most or all of the NYC stations have an agreement to share news services. Or something like that. This was announced maybe about a year ago. Around the same time is when 11 dumped their chopper and a few months later starting using 2's. Then 4 and 5 did the same. Trying to find the press release or even a thread here about it...

Ch. 7 isn't part of any of those agreement.

I guess this is kind of different but I know that News 12 Long Island often uses video from the NYC stations and credits them with a graphic. It's not an organized sharing service kind of thing, just a phone call to a station asking, "Hey, can we borrow that video tonight?"

I guess this is kind of different but I know that News 12 Long Island often uses video from the NYC stations and credits them with a graphic. It's not an organized sharing service kind of thing, just a phone call to a station asking, "Hey, can we borrow that video tonight?"

WABC also sometimes uses News12 footage and, yes, often times it is just a simple call asking to trade footage.

Archived