KTLA News at 1pm

A3N

What happened to Asha Blake? She's been M.I.A. for more than two weeks now, and the fill in (Leila Feinstein) is so freaking annoying. Leila is just as annoying as Victoria "Deer in the Headlights" Recaño.

What happened to Asha Blake? She's been M.I.A. for more than two weeks now' date=' and the fill in (Leila Feinstein) is so freaking annoying. Leila is just as annoying as Victoria "Deer in the Headlights" Recaño.[/quote']

I've been wondering the same myself. Although, she could just be on a long vacation. I dont find Leila annoying at all. I think I actually like her at 1PM more than I do Asha.

Mia will probably land the 1pm anchor slot, and I wouldn't be surprised if KTLA adds a 3 or 3:30pm newscast for her to solo anchor (Kind of like what she did at 3pm for KCAL).

Mia will probably land the 1pm anchor slot' date=' and I wouldn't be surprised if KTLA adds a 3 or 3:30pm newscast for her to solo anchor (Kind of like what she did at 3pm for KCAL).[/quote']

And if I'm not mistaken, KCAL did have a 3 or 3:30 pm newscast, did it not? I remember it had a 2 pm and an 8 pm newscast according to the LA NewsCenter site (which was on the now defunct GeoCities).

Could possibly we see KTLA becoming KCAL just in the amount of news they broadcast? I notice in their commercials for KTLA5NEWS the line is stressed "MORE HOURS OF NEWS"

probably more news in the day since they are a CW Affiliate and so the Primetime 8 to 10 block will be CW shows.

probably more news in the day since they are a CW Affiliate and so the Primetime 8 to 10 block will be CW shows.

A few weeks ago on the Morning News, Sam Rubin speculated that since Tyra Banks is ending her show, KTLA News @ 1 may be expaned an additional hour...who knows for sure though.

A few weeks ago on the Morning News, Sam Rubin speculated that since Tyra Banks is ending her show, KTLA News @ 1 may be expaned an additional hour...who knows for sure though.

Most likely will happen.. WGN expanded their midday news an additional hour a while back and it's working out quite well for them so KTLA may just follow suit. WGN originally had an hourlong noon newscast but it's now a 2 hour newscast that starts at 11AM.

Most likely will happen.. WGN expanded their midday news an additional hour a while back and it's working out quite well for them so KTLA may just follow suit. WGN originally had an hourlong noon newscast but it's now a 2 hour newscast that starts at 11AM.

Yo Lazynet, does WGN currently air the Tyra Banks Show? If they do, what do you they'll replace it with? I wish we had the Chicago feed of WGN out here not the boring superstation...when I was a kid I'd get up extra early just to watch WGN Morning News...such a dork...

Yo Lazynet, does WGN currently air the Tyra Banks Show? If they do, what do you they'll replace it with? I wish we had the Chicago feed of WGN out here not the boring superstation...when I was a kid I'd get up extra early just to watch WGN Morning News...such a dork...

Yes, they currently air Tyra.. Two shows in a row actually: 3PM and 4PM. I'm guessing one (The 3PM) will be replaced with an additional run of Maury. WGN used to air two Maury shows during the afternoons but bumped it down to just one when they picked up Tyra.

I really don't think WGN has had much interest in snagging any other syndicated show from any of the other Chicago stations.. I know WGN has never really had any interest in any of the court shows. My feelings are they're going to try to snag something from WCIU like Steve Wilkos or The Doctors.. I'm guessing more likely The Doctors to stick at 4PM to compete with Dr. Oz on WFLD FOX Chicago.

Heck, maybe WGN will pick up Nate Berkus..

For the record, I heard on TVspy that Markina has left KTLA, quite a shame, she was stellar and mind you the first African-American female certified meteorologist to appear on Los Angeles television. Gregg Ketter, Christopher Nance and Steve Rambo were the only other African-American weathercasters in LA. but I guess KTLA is a revolving door for talent, Asha Blake, Mary Beth McDade, Jason Martinez, and a few other names.

For the record, I heard on TVspy that Markina has left KTLA, quite a shame, she was stellar and mind you the first African-American female certified meteorologist to appear on Los Angeles television. Gregg Ketter, Christopher Nance and Steve Rambo were the only other African-American weathercasters in LA. but I guess KTLA is a revolving door for talent, Asha Blake, Mary Beth McDade, Jason Martinez, and a few other names.
She was not "steller". She was awful. She was not suited to be in Los Angeles, period nor was Steve Rambo or Gregg Ketter.

Now, KTLA needs to get rid of Micha's co-anchor and things will be moving along at KTLA. Then move onto the morning show and get rid of Rodger Lodge. He adds nothing to the newscast. Wendy Birch was awful yesterday filling in as morning anchor. She got so many facts wrong. She is not suited to do a more relaxed news show.

Waiting for Mia Lee to spice up afternoons on KTLA.

She was not "steller". She was awful. She was not suited to be in Los Angeles, period nor was Steve Rambo or Gregg Ketter.

I was wondering about that.. She wasn't that great when she was at WBBM in Chicago. When different management came in at WBBM in 2002, she was one of the first few of the talent to be let go. I thought maybe she improved alot while in Clevelend so that was why she was able to get to KTLA. However, when she was in Chicago, I never saw her as top 5 market talent. She was more for a mid-upper market station.

Waiting for Mia Lee to spice up afternoons on KTLA.

ookay?! me 2. shame they got rid of KTLA on our cable line up. Amazing how they get rid of LA stations on our cable but we can get Chicago News on WGN America lol

KTLA.com better have its servers ready when people start to flood its live newscast on its site lol

Archived