30 years of Sue at WNBC

RGSJenkins

On this date in 1980, President Carter authorizes legislation giving $1.5 billion in loans to bail out the Chrysler Corporation (look how that turned out!), and Sue Simmons joined WNBC from WRC-TV. Today's is her 30th anniversary and what a career she had. Well Sue, let's hope if and when you retire, you did it on your own terms. :party:

On this date in 1980, President Carter authorizes legislation giving $1.5 billion in loans to bail out the Chrysler Corporation (look how that turned out!), and Sue Simmons joined WNBC from WRC-TV. Today's is her 30th anniversary and what a career she had. Well Sue, let's hope if and when you retire, you did it on your own terms. :party:

Wow, 30 years of Chuck and Sue! Keep on rockin' Sue! Did they mention anything tonight on News 4 New York? It feels like just yesterday when I watched when it was Sue's 25 year anniversary and Chuck presented her and Jim Rosenfield with a cake on Live at Five (back during the good ol' days of WNBC). Time does fly!

Wow, 30 years of Chuck and Sue! Keep on rockin' Sue! Did they mention anything tonight on News 4 New York? It feels like just yesterday when I watched when it was Sue's 25 year anniversary and Chuck presented her and Jim Rosenfield with a cake on Live at Five (back during the good ol' days of WNBC). Time does fly!

I couldn't agree with you more with the time flying like crazy, lol. 30 years already, and yet it seemed like it was yesterday they celebrated 25 years. The next big milestone would be 50 years, but I doubt Sue will be there by then, lol.

There was a nice retrospective of images and soundbytes on the 11 last night with David Ushery, including a hilarious sequence of Sue's Groundhog imitations over the years. As she herself said, "30 years at this desk and most likely the thing I'll be remembered for is the Groundhog imitation!"

She also said she didn't expect there would be another 30.....

Archived