October Ratings In : Surprises

essentials

I'm happy for Channel 2, 5 has been so boring since both Warner and Bob left. WMAQ has little substance anymore.

I'm not surprised though, Kate Sullivan is a very hot ratings booster. I do wish she'd quit that "I'm trying to look intelligent" look, and remove the glasses please.

I find it hysterical too how Chicago is rejecting CH. 32's long form news segments. It's not CH.32 I'm laughing at here, it's the mentality of the average Chicagoan with their short attention span, demanding fast food service that gets the laughs here. I especially find Bob Sirott's 9 PM broadcast quite interesting and different, it's somewhere between the average fast food style newscast and a Nightline show. Although I sometimes just shake my head when I view Nightline now, considering some of the segments they broadcast now have a light hearted tone or are not even close in style to what the original Nightline was, Iran Hostage Crisis and all. :ack:

I don't think viewers flat out rejected the new format. It's more a case of WFLD firing seasoned anchors/reporters for no reason and the countless daily technical issues that they have which has caused people to flee.

While I like the new format, they didn't/haven't executed it well which plays a part in their rating troubles. Weak lead-ins doesn't help either.

Archived