Meteorologist Rick DiMaio to fill-in at WFLD

lazynetjunkie

It's in Rosenthal: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/towerticker/

I don't expect WFLD to sign Rick on permanently. Even if they may want to, I think Rick is very happy as a full-time teacher these days. Chris Sowers, who's been working freelance since his contract was up, is not able to continue with the station anymore.

As for the "talks" with Tammie Souza, I believe they are true. I've personally noticed, the past couple years especially, that talks take alot longer than they used to with the pay not being as high as it used to be and the "job exacts" that talent wants to match the less pay. Plus, Tammie does want to come back to Chicago. I'm sure she would for Amy Freeze's position.

So does this mean Rick's through filling-in at Channel 2 like he's been doing for the last couple years? Rosenthal makes no mention of him even being at 2, yet writes a whole piece on him doing the same thing for 32. Seems possible maybe Rick does want a permanent tv gig since he'll be at Fox at such an opportune time - with the weather dept in such a state of flux right now. Could this be tantamount to him throwing his hat in the ring? I wish 'BBM would just sign him on, I like him there. And with Schwenneker leaving, you'd think they'd need an extra met now more than before.

So does this mean Rick's through filling-in at Channel 2 like he's been doing for the last couple years? Rosenthal makes no mention of him even being at 2' date=' yet writes a whole piece on him doing the same thing for 32. Seems possible maybe Rick does want a permanent tv gig since he'll be at Fox at such an opportune time - with the weather dept in such a state of flux right now. Could this be tantamount to him throwing his hat in the ring? I wish 'BBM would just sign him on, I like him there. And with Schwenneker leaving, you'd think they'd need an extra met now more than before.[/quote']

I think his fill-in days at WBBM may be over. For him to sub for Amy (his successor @ WFLD) would suggest that there may be interest in him re-joining the FOX Chicago weather team permanently (in some role/way). With their weather dept in "flux" as you called it, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tryout for him.

I think his fill-in days at WBBM may be over. For him to sub for Amy (his successor @ WFLD) would suggest that there may be interest in him re-joining the FOX Chicago weather team permanently (in some role/way). With their weather dept in "flux" as you called it, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a tryout for him.

He's already "caught on" at WFLD.. The chemistry with Bob and Robin is perfect. I honestly do wish they keep him. Fowler lured him to WBBM but was unsuccessful at signing him on permanently there. Maybe it will work this time..

I don't think Rick holds anything against Amy herself. He just didn't like what previous management did to him. I don't blame him. It's a very different station now. All of management is different.. Maybe it'll be home for him again.

Archived