KWGN and KDVR to Rebrand

C Block

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raymie - Yes, that's the SD safe area... we'll be doing more with the "control panel" area soon.

Morning Traffic - Selling the stacked idea was easier than normal because it's also diagonal... goes along with the "X" in FOX, and our look in general. I honestly think it makes a lot of sense to go from top to bottom, and really works for the overnight temps.

HulkieD - Yup. You nailed it. Went for a non-US sound so that it had some style I think is missing here... :) No trumpets!

Raymie - Yes, that's the SD safe area... we'll be doing more with the "control panel" area soon.

Morning Traffic - Selling the stacked idea was easier than normal because it's also diagonal... goes along with the "X" in FOX, and our look in general. I honestly think it makes a lot of sense to go from top to bottom, and really works for the overnight temps.

HulkieD - Yup. You nailed it. Went for a non-US sound so that it had some style I think is missing here... :) No trumpets!

Any chance you'll be sharing the package with other Local TV owned FOX affiliates?

In any case, I really like the FOX31 graphics! They're very polished and well done, especially for a completely in-house package.

Music, the majority is fine, but I really don't like the sharp, discordant notes that they use as their "audio trademark" or whatever you want to call it.

Sonic branding.

I, too, agree with the graphics. Love the music, too.

Sonic branding.

I, too, agree with the graphics. Love the music, too.

Here's an idea: Bring back the classic KWGN logo from 1983 to 1998, but incorporate the CW brand into it.

KWGN ressurected the 1980-1983 logo for a short while, and that was for the News2 Colorado branding.

1951433493_KWGN1983-1998logowithCWaccompaniment-2.thumb.jpg.4454e54585fde1af6d68b1451d1f2d08.jpg

1215672131_KWGN1983-1998logowithCWaccompaniment.thumb.jpg.8730a7de49729e45ec58fa154d509f43.jpg

Guest NewsHound

Do you happen to know the composer and what the music package is called so we can list it on Southernmedia-NMSA?

I was up early this morning and caught the Good Day open (which is absolutely amazing— best talent open I've ever seen). However, the recording skipped in the middle of it, so I'll try to catch it again either tomorrow or Friday.

I interned in Denver last summer, and this look perfectly matches the market makeup. Even more than most cities, Denverites and especially Boulderites are rather left-leaning, so using a logo that reminded viewers of Fox News Channel was a big crutch. The BBC-like music is also a brilliant move for the same reasons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

KWGN's new look was soft launched on the 7pm news tonight. The new look is definitely more subdued and mountainous than KDVR's more swift, urban look. The color scheme and typography remind me a little bit of the old old old CNN International look of many years ago, only with the obvious Colorado bent. The simplicity of the longer opening titles (not pictured) is incredibly refreshing and European in style. The music has some hints of KDVR's music, but it's far less forceful. It is a huge improvement from the Deuce's orange orbs.

As for video, I had some major issues with recording tonight. I have video, but there are numerous skips and cuts in it, and my recorder only captured the A-block, so I've decided to wait until Monday to upload video of the real launch and with both anchors. I'll get my issues sorted out by then. In the meantime, enjoy some HD caps:

5965889890_ced70d64f5_b.jpg

5965334395_7491ffd2a6_b.jpg

I'm having issues getting more than two pictures into a post with this new forum software, so just check out my flickr page to see the rest of the caps.

I finally got my recorder to work again. Here's a montage of the "official" launch of the new graphics from the 7pm news tonight. No offense to WDJT, but I think KWGN had the best new look launched today in the country. :p

Love the music, very European. The composer of KWGN/KDVR's themes really hit it out of the park. They would be really good for a Tribune package. Graphics are nice as well.

Archived