KWGN and KDVR to Rebrand

C Block

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me a bit of KPNX's stunning Arizona's News Station package from 1994 in that it took a "less-is-more" approach with the open. It also kinda hints at what KSAZ was doing at the same time; a howling coyote to start the 10pm open? Great open series killed by the Fox-ization of the station.

KTVK would be well-served to get a look like this — clean, minimal, very nature-ish. The Phoenix market is geographically diverse and extensive, and there's lots of versatility possible for such a package — the White Mountains, the Navajo Nation, Flagstaff, urban Phoenix, South Mountain, the Grand Canyon, eastern Arizona, the Colorado River...

KTVK's current look is not very good at all, though it recently received a minor refresh. They could also stand to just ditch their logo. The circle-3's been defaced so many times since the mid-1990s, and the way it's currently done is not good.

This reminds me a bit of KPNX's stunning Arizona's News Station package from 1994 in that it took a "less-is-more" approach with the open.

KTVK would be well-served to get a look like this — clean, minimal, very nature-ish. The Phoenix market is geographically diverse and extensive, and there's lots of versatility possible for such a package — the White Mountains, the Navajo Nation, Flagstaff, urban Phoenix, South Mountain, the Grand Canyon, eastern Arizona, the Colorado River...

KTVK's current look is not very good at all, though it recently received a minor refresh. They could also stand to just ditch their logo. The circle-3's been defaced so many times since the mid-1990s, and the way it's currently done is not good.

Please stay on topic.

Agreed, easily the best in the country, simply amazing to me that it was an in-house project, and SHOCKING that are Local TV LLC stations.

They need to figure out how to replicate those two stations at all the other Local TV LLC stations, and they can start with WITI.

Agreed, easily the best in the country, simply amazing to me that it was an in-house project, and SHOCKING that are Local TV LLC stations.

They need to figure out how to replicate those two stations at all the other Local TV LLC stations, and they can start with WITI.

Yes!

KWGN is a Tribune station (hence the last three letters in the callsign, taken from sister station WGN-TV), and KDVR is a Local TV LLC station.

KWGN is a Tribune station (hence the last three letters in the callsign, taken from sister station WGN-TV), and KDVR is a Local TV LLC station.

KWGN is owned by Tribune but operated by Local TV LLC.

I'm pretty sure she's just on vacation. She's been removed from the 10pm talent open because Deborah Takahara has officially taken over the 10pm. Last time I looked, Libby is still in the talent opens for the 5 and 9pm shows Monday-Thursday.

On another note, it's nice to see Melody Mendez on the evening shift tonight.

I'm pretty sure she's just on vacation. She's been removed from the 10pm talent open because Deborah Takahara has officially taken over the 10pm. Last time I looked, Libby is still in the talent opens for the 5 and 9pm shows Monday-Thursday.

On another note, it's nice to see Melody Mendez on the evening shift tonight.

It was the 5pm open tonight that had Deborah in it! That's why I was curious. Melody did do a great job tonight BTW

Archived