NBC O&O Changes in the Works

mbhcity

I kind of like California Non Stop Morning Mix program. It's kind of neat seeing some the top stories from KNTV, KNBC & KNSD from their news sets.eyetvsnapshot1o.th.jpgeyetvsnapshot2v.jpg

eyetvsnapshot3.jpg

eyetvsnapshot4.jpg

eyetvsnapshot5h.jpg

eyetvsnapshot6z.jpg

eyetvsnapshot7.jpg

eyetvsnapshot8.th.jpg

I also like the 7pm Non Stop New LA with Colleen Williams. Although I don't care for the NBCLA.com bug. It looks like it just says LA.COM. Here are a couple of pics.

EyeTVSnapshot6.jpg.2b88d6452f270d0d5446299397be2583.jpg

EyeTVSnapshot.jpg.bec80d01e38a28e9073e54131a6789f1.jpg

EyeTVSnapshot1.jpg.c8f091b863afff80c361bfe6f6c02795.jpg

EyeTVSnapshot2.jpg.d8dec2d603b272317c5800aa584007b3.jpg

What is up with that monitor? Are they stretching the picture or did they actually get one of those widescreen home theater TV's?

The picture looks slightly stretched but I can say that is indeed one of those widescreen home movie theater TV's.. It looks like the same Panasonic one I saw at Abt Electronics. Those also aren't supposed to be mounted on the standard flat panel rolling stands that most stations use..

I'm curious to why the station pictured hasn't covered up the brand of the monitor with a piece of electrical tape.. I've heard NBC is very stickler about that. If the company is not a sponsor, the brand absolutely has to be covered.

Looking on Gari's website (http://www.garimediagroup.com/music.php) I found what seems to be some elements of the new NBC O&O graphics. It's about 35 seconds in to Gari's sampler. Judging by what's on there, I sure hope these got scrapped or revised.

Huh, look at that. I surprised myself by kinda liking it - the music is kinda new and different. The graphics, on the other hand... I mean, if NBC Local Media can't think of anything more creative than text and a logo on a white background, I'm worried for them. If they would just replace the background color with a picture or something nice (anything, really), it might be okay. As a whole, it still feels pretty stripped down compared to the Look C opens we have now. At the same time, other than the background, I think it's much better than what KNSD has been doing.

Huh, look at that. I surprised myself by kinda liking it - the music is kinda new and different. The graphics, on the other hand... I mean, if NBC Local Media can't think of anything more creative than text and a logo on a white background, I'm worried for them. If they would just replace the background color with a picture or something nice (anything, really), it might be okay. As a whole, it still feels pretty stripped down compared to the Look C opens we have now. At the same time, other than the background, I think it's much better than what KNSD has been doing.

I don't like it at all. All I could say to myself was, "Stations are supposed to lose their local identity for THIS??" I really can't imagine who would think that's a good idea.

I honestly wish they'd just syndicate WNBC's package. Those graphics, with the original open, are beautiful and they go well with the network news division's look. I really like everything about WNBC's presentation, everything except the music, which wouldn't be bad if it had any kind of a signature other than the chimes.

But I digress. I really hope NBC, their new owners, and the new O&O leader figure something out. The graphics seen in that montage almost couldn't look more generic.

I don't like it at all. All I could say to myself was, "Stations are supposed to lose their local identity for THIS??" I really can't imagine who would think that's a good idea.

I was thinking less about the station identity and more about the news open itself, but you have some good points.

Those graphics were probably from before NBC halted the rollout...

I would bet that you're right. Hopefully they've got something better cooking.

Just so you know, those graphics are not the news graphics (see KNSD). They are at best an iteration or an early drawing board render of what would become the Nonstop channels' graphics so pipe down.

Say hello to NBC Miami News, they switched to the new name (no new graphics) yesterday.

Wow. I actually really like that, especially that skyline at the beginning (Was that always there?). I don't really even mind the name since they still use the '6' in the logo. Still not crazy about that music, but everything else seems to work.

Say hello to NBC Miami News, they switched to the new name (no new graphics) yesterday.

That modified open actually looks better than the original Look C, IMO. If only they removed the animated peacock feather behind the logo.

I was actually getting the feeling more recently that this is the treatment WMAQ is going to get.. Switch the name to "NBC Chicago News", keep the same horrible/outdated graphics (not even switching to the updated WTVJ or WNBC looks), and keep the same NBC 5 logo they've been using for the past decade only adding the "NBC Chicago" part to the bottom of it.

I really don't understand why WMAQ management is so stuck on their current graphics. And yes, as far as I know, management there actually LIKES them and has no real interest in changing or even updating them. Compared to the rest of the market, their graphics really look like a shit mess. They were going to change to the new O&O look only because they were going to be ordered to but since now that was halted, they are really wanting to keep their current crap.. I was actually hoping they would have switched to the new look before the halt so they would have had a nice refreshed on-air look.

Whoa... They're updating Look C? If they're updating the old stuff, I can't imagine they're still working on the new stuff. I was really hoping for something new (at least for WCAU in Philly), although the updated open looks pretty nice.

"Today in South Florida" is now "NBC Miami Today", and "South Florida Today" is now "Live Miami at 11am"

Hah, they're still using the pac man website logo.

On WNBC, Janice messed up the teaser. She talks and as she locks up, she says "On NBC New York," i mean "NBC 4 New York." I guess they are rehearsing for what will be changes for WNBC?

On WNBC, Janice messed up the teaser. She talks and as she locks up, she says "On NBC New York," i mean "NBC 4 New York." I guess they are rehearsing for what will be changes for WNBC?

Last night I noticed new weather computer graphics. On one map (and one map only) they seemed to have snuck in (maybe accidentally) the new NBC 4 New York logo at the top.

Archived