NBC O&O Changes in the Works

mbhcity

On WNBC, Janice messed up the teaser. She talks and as she locks up, she says "On NBC New York," i mean "NBC 4 New York." I guess they are rehearsing for what will be changes for WNBC?

Tuned in to WMAQ earlier and the weather guy was calling it "NBC Chicago" so it seems they're working towards something.

Any idea how this new look might incorporate the Olympic rings when the time comes?

WNBC and several O&Os hasn't used the olympic ring graphic on-air lately. last time WNBC used it was back in the 2006 winter games.

Tuned in to WMAQ earlier and the weather guy was calling it "NBC Chicago" so it seems they're working towards something.

They've been calling themselves a mix of everything the past few months.. "NBC 5 (News/Today)", "NBC Chicago (News/Today)", "NBC 5 Chicago (News/Today)", etc.. They've never corrected themselves on what name they've used. However, I believe it'll end up being "NBC Chicago (News/Today)" but with the "5" somehow still being in the logo.

The other stations in town reporting on the death of Daryl Hawks have been referring to WMAQ as "NBC Chicago" and I also think the press release from WMAQ management also refers to themselves as "NBC Chicago" so I think we're getting much closer to it being "official".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived