Wes Small to work for new owners

Samantha

I can think of many better things to blow off $350,000 than that..

That's the station with those horrid opens with the horror movie music and that Jerome guy that thinks he's hot sh*t with his white suits, sunglasses, and sports car, right? I'm just making sure I'm thinking of the right station.

That's it. The station that I believe uses Mac Screensavers for its opening. Funnily enough, I can't believe it's the same station as this from over 20 years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d__pPvOypqg&feature=related

That looks somewhat acceptable for a 1988 newscast, especially in that market. I have no idea what they're doing now.

For those who have no idea what they have now, probably should go check this out: http://www.youtube.com/user/CH8NEWS

I know there was a posting here a very long time ago showing a couple other opens they had. Aweful.. I rather see no open at all than what they have now.

I swear.. I think Jerome is hiding from the law here in the states.

I'm trying to figure out what happened between 1988 and now to cause the big slide down in production values..

2008: (This one is really not too bad..)

2009:

---

I know this is the 4th edit I've done on this post but I just heard the music used in their 2008 open a few moments ago on Letterman for their little FOX News spoof.. Wow. What a coincidence.

That's KOAT's news set in the photo.. No way in hell that will fit inside WSVI's little storefront operation.

http://vichannel8.wordpress.com/services-and-products/

I really don't know if I'd really want to go with their "Video commercial content creation and design".. I might end up getting sued by Mac.

I find it a little sad this station uses a more up to date ABC logo in their station logo than WLS does..

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to figure out what happened between 1988 and now to cause the big slide down in production values..

Well, there was Hurricane Hugo in 1989 that literally destroyed WSVI's only competitor. In more ways than one.

but parts of the region were without power for one year, among other things.

So it would stand to reason that WSVI's news operation at the time was totally devastated, if not outright destroyed for years. That would be the only explanation for such a massive gap in the station's overall history.

Archived