Ducis Rodgers

qwertywcbs

I think it is becoming apparent that WCBS (rightfully) is leaning in the direction of Ducis Rodgers for lead sports anchor.

To start off, he's been on almost every weeknight for the past couple of weeks.

His bio has been updated but Sam's hasn't.

Further on, he has been removed from the morning newscast completely (his bio refers to him as "previously served as main sports anchor for CBS 2 News this Morning.") His no longer makes mention of morning, but calls him "alternating sports anchor for the 6 and 11PM weekday newscasts" and "sports anchor for the 6:30PM newscast on Sundays." In addition, the following paragraph goes on to say that he is the anchor of Sports Sunday presented by Nissan.

Seems more like they should just give him the position. But they won't. It's going to turn into the stability we have with the weekend evening newscasts. Mary is the only person who actually has a set-in-stone (also known as written on her bio) weekend position. Really, WCBS needs to fix this. This is a Dunn thing it seems. We haven't haven't had true weekend morning anchors since Lynda left the station.

Hey qwerty:

Who's doing weekend morning weather now that Berardelli has decamped?

When and where will Lonnie Quinn show up?

TIA!

No clue, but I think I saw Liz doing morning weather the other day.

Am I the only one who cannot stand Liz or Ibby or whatever her name is Carothers?? I did watch her on WNBC, and I thought she was much better there...what happened? I guess WCBS happened.

Liz has been doing weekend mornings as well. They do need an extra meterologist. I have a feeling Lonnie might debut next week? Again, b/c WCBS likes to debut their anchors after a holiday weekend.

Had WCBS not brought in John Elliott just over three months ago, and Audrey was still there, I would have expected Lonnie & John Bolaris be weekday weather anchors.

But then when Elliott got hired out of nowhere (literally, none of us had heard a whisper of this up until it was posted on wcbstv.com), and Audrey left, things seemed to change. I had considered that WCBS would pull a Dianne and move Bolaris to mornings and put Lonnie on at 5/6/11 (like they did with Rogers when they brought Bolaris in). This does not seem probable anymore.

Then Jeff left, which was upsetting to say the least.

If it wasn't for the fact that Bolaris has been so dedicated to WCBS over the past year (he has rarely taken a day off, I think no more than ten days off in the past 12-months)... I would say he would definetly be a goner.

Now, despite the lack of meteorologists for the stations weekend newscasts (and considering Liz is freelancing, they really could use more security over there), I think WCBS might try to give us three male meteorologists during the day, assigning each anchor team one. It seems reasonable that if they did this, Bolaris would stay with Dana and Jim (& Ducis), Lonnie move in with Chris & Kristine (yes, two blond males giving us information we rely on), and John Elliott move in exclusively with Maurice & Kate.

WCBS is now also in need of a sports anchor for the morning seat that Ducis vacated. And as I mentioned on the first post, a permanent weekend morning team, along with two permanent weekend weather anchors.

WCBS is now also in need of a sports anchor for the morning seat that Ducis vacated. And as I mentioned on the first post, a permanent weekend morning team, along with two permanent weekend weather anchors.

Former Fox 5 Sports Anchor John Discepolo is available. I think he would be a great addition to CBS2 News this Morning. I always thought he was one of the most underrated sportscasters in New York when he was at WNYW.

Had WCBS not brought in John Elliott just over three months ago, and Audrey was still there, I would have expected Lonnie & John Bolaris be weekday weather anchors.

But then when Elliott got hired out of nowhere (literally, none of us had heard a whisper of this up until it was posted on wcbstv.com), and Audrey left, things seemed to change. I had considered that WCBS would pull a Dianne and move Bolaris to mornings and put Lonnie on at 5/6/11 (like they did with Rogers when they brought Bolaris in). This does not seem probable anymore.

If it wasn't for the fact that Bolaris has been so dedicated to WCBS over the past year (he has rarely taken a day off, I think no more than ten days off in the past 12-months)... I would say he would definetly be a goner.

Now, despite the lack of meteorologists for the stations weekend newscasts (and considering Liz is freelancing, they really could use more security over there), I think WCBS might try to give us three male meteorologists during the day, assigning each anchor team one. It seems reasonable that if they did this, Bolaris would stay with Dana and Jim (& Ducis), Lonnie move in with Chris & Kristine (yes, two blond males giving us information we rely on), and John Elliott move in exclusively with Maurice & Kate.

Maybe they'll let Bolaris on a 5/6/11PM and put Lonnie on weekends mornings? What you think qwerty? I read that upper management let the axe fell over their good talent because they were expensive and wanted to get cheaper talent. And weekends mornings pay is low.

Bolaris was offered weekends for 1/3 his current pay (as was Audrey Puente before she smartly said no way and walked away). From what I hear, he turned that down and was highly insulted.

Inside, they're best guess now, is Bolaris at 5 and Quinn at 6 & 11 until Bolaris is phased out. His contract window comes up at the end of 2007.

The CBS2 weather department has gone through an entire wholesale change since last summer.

Bolaris was offered weekends for 1/3 his current pay (as was Audrey Puente before she smartly said no way and walked away). From what I hear, he turned that down and was highly insulted.

Inside, they're best guess now, is Bolaris at 5 and Quinn at 6 & 11 until Bolaris is phased out. His contract window comes up at the end of 2007.

The CBS2 weather department has gone through an entire wholesale change since last summer.

Wow, who wouldn't be insulted with that? He's a good meterologist, don't know why they want to replace him. But they still need a an extra weekend weather person, unless Liz is here to stay to do both mornings and evenings.

Maybe they'll let Bolaris on a 5/6/11PM and put Lonnie on weekends mornings? What you think qwerty? I read that upper management let the axe fell over their good talent because they were expensive and wanted to get cheaper talent. And weekends mornings pay is low.

I doubt that will happen because it was annouced on Lonnie's last day in Florida that he was going to get to sleep in.

Wow. I'm surprised how upbeat Bolaris still is right now on the 11, if it is true Lonnie starts Monday... I didn't realize his contract is so close to up too... so he can't just sit this one out like Roz did. And there is no open spot at another station for a weather personality right now... which is a shame.

At least this management knows how to still keep a little bit of class when essentially firing someone (see: Dianne Doctor fires Warner Wolf).

WCBS really needs to fix their act before they are down to no one.

Wow. I'm surprised how upbeat Bolaris still is right now on the 11, if it is true Lonnie starts Monday... I didn't realize his contract is so close to up too... so he can't just sit this one out like Roz did. And there is no open spot at another station for a weather personality right now... which is a shame.

Qwerty- I'm thinking the opposite. I caught him last night and saw him do his karate moves and kicks on camera and thought the same about acting loose and carefree. To me, it looked un-TV-like and innapropriate for him. Maybe John Elliot or Dave Price but not Bolaris. So, I wonder if his attitude is 'what are they going to do......fire me?

Thw riting may already be on the wall.

Isn't this supposed to be about Ducis?

But anyway, John did seem a bit loose last night...more than his usual upbeat self. Did you see he got hoarse and choked up toward the end of his weather on the 11pm news? Jim Rosenfield handed him a glass of water at the desk...

Just a feeling....John Discepolo will move into the top spot. I like Ducis alot but I have no problem if JD becomes the sports anchor. He'd then probably get the Sunday night gig.

I wonder if Ducis would go for that or leave.

I'm glad Sam Ryan doesn't appear to be promoted. I know I've stated my dislike for her on air ability and look before. Everything about her is phony.

Besides the forced presentation, it looks like thousands spent on poor work at the fountain of youth. Her mouth looks like the opening of the movie Rocky Horror, LOL.

Archived