Worst Graphics in Your Market

newsie

Definitely KPRC. If I had some screenshots handy, I'd post them in a heartbeat, but as I don't watch the station much at all (due to the gfx and music) I don't have screenshots.

Maybe someone else here will. If so, watch out. It's bad. Real bad.

WPTY/WLMT. They finally got rid entirely of their old package which probably was in the ranking for worst anywhere, but the new one still doesn't really cut it. Its in-house, and a select few elements are nice, but overall the entire look is way too big and obnoxious. And of course since they still haven't dropped PNP, its hard to make any graphics package work good with that. In the old version of the board I posted some screencaps when they first debuted, but since then, as they usually do, its been modified quite a bit. I'll have to try and get some newer screencaps up at one point, but you can see them anytime by going to their website and watching one of the video stories... http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

In Green Bay, WBAY has the worst. There just isn't anything too special about them. Although WBAY isn't too bad compared to other stations in similar-sized markets.

Here are a couple of screen caps:

wbay530pSu05282006_15key.jpg

wbay530pSu05282006_03ots.jpg

Elizabeth Ries can make any graphics look good, though. ;D

In Milwaukee (not really my home market, but I do spend a lot of time there), take your pick. Basically anybody besides WTMJ. WISN isn't too bad, but they aren't great either.

WBAY's graphics may not be GB's best, but out of the other stations with that package, they do---IIRC---the best job with it. Just look at WBKO's or WSET's interpretations of that package: Speeeeew. Even then, however, it does look "feh" for WBAY-----it also doesn't help when there are frequent misspellings and stuff not aligned properly across multiple graphics. I've said it before----with them using EWN now, new graphics should be next.

I've mentioned not liking WFRV's current graphics at all. I kind of miss the green and gold package.

Just look at WBKO's or WSET's interpretations of that package: Speeeeew.

Even so, they are most definitely the best in the Roanoke market. Of course it helps when two of the stations are Media General variants, and the other one is the dominant #1 whose graphics don't even matter. On topic... I think worst would have to go to WFXR.

wfxr0806_09.jpg

Archived