WCBS Set De-construction

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Angel voice) AAAAAHHHHHH.

That set is...WOOOWWWW!!!!

I think I really like it from the moment I first time I saw it.

This should blow WABC's set out of the water...or the lake, because their set is still magnificent.

Now awaiting WNBC's set and (fingers crossed) WPIX's set.

That is what I call a nice set. The only thing WABC have over them is that it on ground level but I like the desk a whole lot better. I really like WABC weather center but WCBS set is more together than spread out like WABC.

....why is the CBS 2 logo boxed? That's really really bugging me about this set, which I need to see more of before I say "Best Set In New York". That and it really shows the whole "house style" Peter Dunn seems to be addicted to.

Alot of WBBM elements in the set.. The box around the logo, the abstract CBS logo art above the backdrop, the weather center desk.. Looks like quite a bit was based off the portable desks/stands WBBM has. Is that a fake room backdrop I see behind the fogged window panels in the photo of the anchors? Definitely WBBM. That light blue rectangular panel on the far right of the photo of the anchors standing is definitely a WBBM set graphic..

For some reason, I'm not feeling this set is a FX Group. It doesn't seem to have that "cheapness" FX Group sets usually have.. I could be wrong though.

I'm calling it....this set was designed by Jack Morton/PDG, at least that's my educated opinion. I based this upon analysis of design traits shared commonly between WCBS's new set and several others by PDG.

I'm calling it....this set was designed by Jack Morton/PDG, at least that's my educated opinion. I based this upon analysis of design traits shared commonly between WCBS's new set and several others by PDG.

I believe you're right on the money sir. This design is not on par with anything else FX has done lately. It's not orange, for one thing.

Archived