WCBS Set De-construction

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given how CBS' O&Os are currently being run top down by WCBS in New York, I'd be surprised if it looks any different from the set KPIX got. (And if it doesn't include the desks that KYW, WFOR, and KPIX got.)

I'm not surprised, however, that 46 looks as worn as it does. That set has been used for almost nine years at this point. It needed a facelift in the worst way.

The set did look bad. Are you sure that KPIX studio was designed by FX. It really doesn't look like something they would do, by the looks of their portfolio on the FX website.

It could be FX following CBS guidelines.

Also, yes, after I get past the WABC studio retrospective thread, I'm going to do one for WCBS...

Also, yes, after I get past the WABC studio retrospective thread, I'm going to do one for WCBS...

Cool - I can't wait for this studio. Should be ready in 2 weeks. CBS 2 really wants to leave their temporary digs...

Wow they are 110% more open and less secretive about their set than WABC was. They are much quicker too, a set in 2 weeks? That's fast haha.

A set in a 3-4 weeks is pretty much the average wait. It shouldn't take too long to build a set.

I think that's exactly it. It looks like CBS/KPIX came to FX and said, "give us a Jack Morton set at an FX price."

It's a nice set, But there are a few things that are off about it that makes me think it's an FX set. There are some elements that look very much like the WBBM and KYW sets, but the curviness of the newsdesk and the monitors peeking above the weather desk are classic FX designs.

Archived