New NBC ArtWorks graphics package

mark

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KXAS New Music?:

I am no expert on the NBC Collection, but are there parts of that package that very similar to 360 (by 360 Music)? If not, KXAS is indeed using new music.

They may be using their version of the NBC O&O package by Stephen Arnold.

They may be using their version of the NBC O&O package by Stephen Arnold.

It could be "The Rock", that is the only Stephen Arnold package I know of that they composed for NBC stations. I believe KXAN in Austin (which is a sister to KXAS through the station's minority ownership by LIN TV) used "The Rock" before.

It could be "The Rock", that is the only Stephen Arnold package I know of that they composed for NBC stations. I believe KXAN in Austin (which is a sister to KXAS through the station's minority ownership by LIN TV) used "The Rock" before.

The music WCAU and KNSD are using are a part of the new package Arnold composed for the NBC O&Os (as part of the failed block look). I believe all 10 stations got their own custom main theme and then use a common set of supporting themes. KXAS maybe using what was written for them now with this new graphics package.

The music WCAU and KNSD are using are a part of the new package Arnold composed for the NBC O&Os (as part of the failed block look). I believe all 10 stations got their own custom main theme and then use a common set of supporting themes. KXAS maybe using what was written for them now with this new graphics package.

You could be right.

I noticed someone else in the Front Page News on-going discussion thread, said that KXAS is now using 360 with NBC chimes.

Here is that leaked graphic reel. sorry i took long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FErUCSuvI

Fair warning...NBC Artworks just emailed me telling me to take my copy down...

"Take this clip down ASAP.

This package has not launched and we need to keep this confidential. This is property of NBC ArtWorks.

Thank you.

Joel Michon

Creative Director | NBC ArtWorks"

Fair warning...NBC Artworks just emailed me telling me to take my copy down...

"Take this clip down ASAP.

This package has not launched and we need to keep this confidential. This is property of NBC ArtWorks.

Thank you.

Joel Michon

Creative Director | NBC ArtWorks"

These walls have eyes and ears.

These walls have eyes and ears.

Not only that, but NBC is pretty strict on stuff leaking out, so I would take it down if I were you. And e-mail back complimenting them on their excellent work.

Keep this confidential when they publicly posted it on the internet for all to see.... hmm

Yeah, that was my favorite line...

I'm not meaning to dissect the note, but notice he didn't say that it "has not launched" YET. But it's late, I'm probably overthinking it.

Yeah, that was my favorite line...

I'm not meaning to dissect the note, but notice he didn't say that it "has not launched" YET. But it's late, I'm probably overthinking it.

You are. I'm not going to say anything more, but this look has not been scrapped. There's some evidence that a bunch of stations are going to that leaked package.

You are. I'm not going to say anything more, but this look has not been scrapped. There's some evidence that a bunch of stations are going to that leaked package.

I hope they do. It looks nice. And now, from the shoutbox (sorry for the monster post):

Is this new, or was I just not paying attention? http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/

I'm glad they got rid of the block look, but I am not glad that they still haven't figured out how to use consistent branding between the website and the station. What is that glossy NBC logo doing there? I have never seen those used in conjunction with a local station. And I don't know much about typography, but I don't approve of the random fonts they used for NBC10 and Philadelphia. (Or is that one of their new-fangled identity fonts?)

What's interesting is there are 3 main themes on the websites...Philly, Chicago, NY, LA and Miami have the light blue/skyline background; DFW, Connecticut and Bay Area a dark blue header, similar to the blue used in the "leaked" Artworks package; San Diego still has a reworked version of the block look.

The new headers also kinda preview new/updated logos...SD did not tack on the 7 in their logo. Miami has made the 6 white, but that's only a color change. LA has a few differences - the 4 is now blue, the peacock is now overlapping the 4 on the right side and "NBC Los Angeles" has become "NBC Southern California" (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/). Finally, Chicago's 5 resembles the new font 5 being shown in Olympic promos (previewed in the NBC Chicago thread above)...one thing that strikes me though is that the 5 on the website seems like an afterthought, poorly alligned - just put there haphazardly...perhaps they haven't formally decided on a new/updated logo.

Yeah, I thought it was interesting that San Diego was still using the old header design - but with the new tab layout that really doesn't fit well.

Those updates are totally new since those sites were not even remotely like that this morning.

I'd like to say those sites hint at the version of the looks we're getting, but they don't. DFW doesn't have the look that KNTV is getting. Still, it's good to see the station logos appear on the headers again.

Definitely looks like they're streamlining the station logos. KXAS lost the unneccessary containers. KNBC now has that overlapping peacock design used on their Creative department's YouTube. WTVJ had color changes, WMAQ had a font change. These all kind of back up the logo previews that have been on a couple of things.

The biggest branding change, for me, is at WCAU. I thought they were going to use the web 2.0 treatment that's on their iPhone app, but since many of these sites have new logos in the headers, it looks like they're getting their first logo change since 1995. I, for one, like it. The 10 looks a hell of a lot like the one they've used for years, it's not the same, but it's clearly a different typeface. Obviously I really wanna see this on the air.

The big question now is when they're going to launch it. Obviously it looks like they're really close, otherwise they wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the new sites. Of course, you could have said this earlier in the year...

The big question now is when they're going to launch it. Obviously it looks like they're really close, otherwise they wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the new sites. Of course, you could have said this earlier in the year...

Yeah, unless someone else buys the company within the next month! :D

The biggest branding change, for me, is at WCAU. I thought they were going to use the web 2.0 treatment that's on their iPhone app, but since many of these sites have new logos in the headers, it looks like they're getting their first logo change since 1995. I, for one, like it. The 10 looks a hell of a lot like the one they've used for years, it's not the same, but it's clearly a different typeface. Obviously I really wanna see this on the air.

I can't speak for any other markets but I know for WCAU I could see this new look and logo launching 1/2/2012. It's a big day in the Comcast/NBC family. The new NBC Sports Network is launching that day as well as a whole unified on-air look for the NBC Sports Group that includes the Comcast SportsNet family of networks. In Philly it's also the day of the NHL Winter Classic which is being hosted here in Philly this year and of course broadcast on NBC. Barring any bad weather delays or overtime the game should run from 1PM to til around 3:30 or so. So what better way to launch a new look and logo then to follow one of the biggest sporting events carried on your network? That's just my two red cents though.

Those updates are totally new since those sites were not even remotely like that this morning.

Well, good to know I am paying attention, and that they are finally unifying their identity after all. Interesting that WCAU is getting a makeover after all - although it does make some sense. Despite their recent minor graphics refresh, the branding is still a mess (all of their cars and vans, as well as some lingering promos/ad campaigns still use the block logo). Looking forward to seeing it, and I hope they get the new graphics as well.

@WCAUTVNBC10 - Where did you find that NBC 10 logo in your avatar? That is certainly the new identity we are discussing.

@WCAUTVNBC10 - Where did you find that NBC 10 logo in your avatar? That is certainly the new identity we are discussing.

Quite simple. I took the header from the website and using WVIT's and KNTV's logos as a guide, I came up with that in Photoshop.

Quite simple. I took the header from the website and using WVIT's and KNTV's logos as a guide, I came up with that in Photoshop.

Ah, nice job. I thought it was straight from them! I do find it funny that all three logos are present on NBCPhiladelphia.com at the moment: the new one in the header, the 1995 one in the banner ad right below, and then the "NBC 10 PHILADELPHIA ON THE GO" text, which is clearly the font from the block logo.

Just out of curiosity, what is the unified look that the NBC Sports group, including the CSNs, is getting? Is it the current NBC look or something entirely new?

Something entirely new. If you watch hockey (and now) basketball on CSN this season they start and close the broadcasts with an animation for the broadcast being a presentation of CSN "part of the NBC Sports Group" and you can tell it's obviously part of the new look that's coming. I think the new look will be a wholesale change when you compare it to the current NBC sports look but not as drastically different from the CSN look.

Archived