New NBC ArtWorks graphics package

mark

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WVIT is now running a "Closing Central" promo with new graphics and on-set elements as of Friday. They've been running the same promo with different graphics and set shots for the last month or so, so I'd say WVIT's graphics flip is happening very soon. The look of everything pretty much matches the Vimeo clip that was up.

Let's just say, it was a certain ex-member that used to be... errr.... But in all seriousness, KNTV has been using more elements in promos, although the hues seem to be in the style of Look C. Perhaps just to fit in with the old package.

KNTV has been using more elements in promos, although the hues seem to be in the style of Look C. Perhaps just to fit in with the old package.

I don't think logo tool kits for the new look have been sent to the stations yet. WCAU for one still uses elements from the block design whenever they plug their website.

The more I see the new look, the more I like it. What's disappointing to me is that KNSD did a half ass update of their website and well, it doesn't look like they will switch to one of the new graphics packages.

The more I see the new look, the more I like it. What's disappointing to me is that KNSD did a half ass update of their website and well, it doesn't look like they will switch to one of the new graphics packages.

They won't. They already have a new look.

Having seen (and heard) more of that new branding, I'm impressed by what KXAS has done. They've added a kick of diversity to the host of different looks that the NBC O&O's posess.

Speaking of hearing the new branding, did anyone notice that audio from three other new opens (two from KXAS main channel, one from DFW Nonstop) have been posted to Southern Media's NMSA?

• 3 weeks later...

I only catched this one during the 7PM news. From the way things look these are likely a part of their next image campaign and their new look (they were filming the new campaign a couple weeks ago and put up a few pics from it on their facebook page).

[yt]VCjhI5nrPV4[/yt]

I only catched this one during the 7PM news. From the way things look these are likely a part of their next image campaign and their new look (they were filming the new campaign a couple weeks ago and put up a few pics from it on their facebook page).

[yt]VCjhI5nrPV4[/yt]

KNSD has been running those promos/talent id's for almost two months now, the only difference being the block logo that KNSD uses.

KNSD has been running those promos/talent id's for almost two months now, the only difference being the block logo that KNSD uses.

I know which ones you're talking about and WCAU has been running similar IDs for months now too. Difference here is KNSD isn't picking up a new look (I'm pretty sure of that). That and these were done in house by WCAU's own production arm. Also these are first IDs WCAU has used to promote individual talent since their 2010 image campaign. Finally I'm sure KNSD's ID use nobel as its font (the base font of the block look) as opposed to WCAU which is using gotham the base font of the new packages ArtWorks has coming out soon.

Found this on Facebook:

Ny8RZ.jpg

Nice. And that's pretty interesting too because for the last few years WNBC's creative services dept was a production agency called Mother New York, the geniuses behind the whole block look in the first place. Nice to see the stations getting their own creative departments back in house.

I like the look. But am I the only one that finds the serif typeface for "weather center" and "weather" a bit out of place? It breaks up the serif type, but it doesn't quite go with it.

Agree....though seems that font is a signature of the package for better or worse. Serif faces just don't work well on television.

Archived