New NBC ArtWorks graphics package

mark

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I did some snooping around ArtWorks' vimeo page and that KXAS album that was earlier linked to, while it is empty, if you go to the list of albums, said album does have a thumbnail of what I guess is supposed to go in there:

184443452_100.jpg

http://vimeo.com/nbcartworks/albums

Looks a lot different from the KNTV look but that's just me.

That image is from KARK's current on-air graphics.

Makes you wonder if that too was an NBC Artworks job that ended up going unused.

Makes you wonder if that too was an NBC Artworks job that ended up going unused.

Is that a new look for KARK? Artworks syndicates their local packages out to affiliates all the time (although they've never let one out before the O&Os picked it up). I find it pretty Artworks would use this as a thumbnail for an album if it had nothing to do with it.

Judging by this: http://arkansasmatters.com/fulltext?nxd_id=414867 , it looks like the KARK graphics were designed specifically for KARK. It says, "As of now, the new set and graphics are completely unique. There is no other station with the same look or set design."

That doesn't mean they couldn't have been designed by ArtWorks. Definitely interesting.

I don't know...while it's a very nice package for Market #56 (no offense to anyone), the graphics seem to be based off of the "More Colorful" promo look, something that seems a little gimmicky for the O&O's.

But that's just me...

Yes, Look C was designed in/for HD. I'm just stating that in KNSD's case, for them to have been able to use Look C when launching HD news would have required the package to be redone with a new logo, colors, etc. Simply put, the build a block graphics package was probably the only way to go.

look at NBC Connecticut. They still use Look C and it wasnt much of a change when they went from NBC 30 to NBC Connecticut. Maybe it was the poor creative services dept at KNSD that wanted to adopt their current bland blue look.

Interestingly, a promotional ad on KXAS's website seems to use the colors and text styles of the KARK look.

HPListingModule_Samantha_722x406.jpg

I'm thinking the KARK graphics are a variation of the "blocky" graphics, and their debut on KXAS was halted when Comcast put a hold on the rollout of the new looks.

I'd love to hear if these graphics were offered by Arthouse, or if someone in station management just really didn't like the blocky graphics. With the amount of color they have, I can just imagine they're a snarky comeback to some GM going "THE GRAPHICS NEED MORE COLOR AND THEY NEED TO BE LESS FLAT!!!!".

Interestingly, a promotional ad on KXAS's website seems to use the colors and text styles of the KARK look.

HPListingModule_Samantha_722x406.jpg

I'm thinking the KARK graphics are a variation of the "blocky" graphics, and their debut on KXAS was halted when Comcast put a hold on the rollout of the new looks.

I'd love to hear if these graphics were offered by Arthouse, or if someone in station management just really didn't like the blocky graphics. With the amount of color they have, I can just imagine they're a snarky comeback to some GM going "THE GRAPHICS NEED MORE COLOR AND THEY NEED TO BE LESS FLAT!!!!".

I think you're a bit off there. That KXAS album where I found that thumbnail was only created two months ago. The block look was fully yanked around May or June and KARK launched this look in April.

The interesting thing about that promo ad is the use of Nobel when that look uses Gotham has its primary font. Interesting to say the least.

I missed the open, but based on the promos, music probably remained the same. To me, this new graphic package screams NBC. Definitely a blue-based look, but has all of the NBC peacock colors throughout the graphics. Just looks plain and cookie-cutter like (i.e. logo bug in a transparent black box). Not much of a hometown feel to it, so probably easy to interchange the look for other markets. I am sure many of the other NBC O&Os will pick up this package, just based on how rather boring it is.

Will be interesting to see what changes they will be making to their set. They have been bragging about it the whole newscast, which is in their newsroom (with the box NBC DFW, Telemundo, and NBC News logo all present behind the anchor).

The talent has really been elaborating on the "New Stylish NBC 5 set which debuts tonight after the Dallas Cowboys Game"

We shall see.

Despite how rather simple it is, I like it. Though I have a strong feeling they will eventually replace the new NBC 5 logo, behind the anchors, with a monitor at some point.

Archived