New news graphics for KABC

Guest Former Member 207

Guest Former Member 207

ABC7 launched a new graphics package for Eyewitness News, starting with this afternoon's 4pm newscast. Not a huge overhaul, as its based off of the station's current promo graphics look; boxy, but a nice and clean look. Also, they're using new music.

Also, they're using new music.

Sounds cool, gotta watch for the open tonight or tomorrow morning at 7 to hear these new cuts. Do these sound anything like from the NG series that we know or do they seem different?

Not a fan of the L3's. The package is not bad, some elements look good, waiting to see the open. Is it me or do KABC's mic flags keep getting uglier? My goodness that ABC 7 logo on the mic flag is huge, at least they god rid of the HD.

I'm not totally sold on the L3's, but the animation of them is subdued but very creative...a solid package overall. They're as good, if not better than WABC's. Also, here are the new weather graphics, with a little bit of the theme at the beginning (possibly toned down as a weather cut). http://abclocal.go.c...ideo?id=8594453

I like that nothing about the weather gfx are "in your face", as I think that was a big problem with the last package.

I like the lower thirds a LOT. The thing that bugs me is, well, the bug. It's just too big and too busy for everything else. Sleek, modern, and minimalist: that's Wendy McMahon's influence for you (think WBZ and WCCO).

Well, was able to catch the open tonight (at 11:35) for the Late Edition side of the 11pm....and the theme's got this urgent vibe that I really happen to like. Once again, this theme seems to have a similar sound to NBC New Gen 3, but with an original take on the "Eyewitness News" sig. So, without further ado, I give you the new open as recorded from my iPod in 720p!

I agree...has that modern and unconventional look that 'BZ shoulda kept! (Allow me to paraphrase Sue Simmons in reference to that darn homgenization that CBS O&Os have been subjected to....CBS, the $^** are you doing!)

Meanwhile, back at KABC, it seems that they've got a morning theme as far as music goes, something that they haven't had in a few years (when they were using that theme from EWN NG 2.)

Guest Former Member 207

Not a fan of the L3's. The package is not bad, some elements look good, waiting to see the open. Is it me or do KABC's mic flags keep getting uglier? My goodness that ABC 7 logo on the mic flag is huge, at least they god rid of the HD.

As far as the mic flag, I'm a little partial to the four-sided one that feature the "abc" and the Circle 7 and on rotating sides.

UPDATE: I caught the 6am open, and discovered there may not be an actual morning theme....sounded like the PM theme plays for the open, but there's a separate bumper for the morning. Still checking on this. Just correcting myself regarding an earlier post.

6 AM April 4th: It seems I was wrong about there not being a morning theme, as apparently there is. Sorry to bump this thread with silly flip-flopping.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived