Sue Simmons Talks When She Doesn't Know She's On Air, Again

Geoffrey

I noticed that Sue Simmons was a trending topic on Twitter in NYC just now. Here's video of what got her there:

Not nearly as exciting as the last time.

Maybe WNBC should communicate with the anchors when they're on air. Or did Comcast blow all the money on two new sets (because the first one wasn't good) and two new graphics packages (because the first one wasn't good) and can't afford people?

Are we on?

What signal? The "stop talking about your boobs so close to the show" signal? Is that a "honk honk"?

They could have been talking about anything, but as 24994J points out, Chuck didn't even know they were on. So what was the director doing, daydreaming?

Maybe WNBC should communicate with the anchors when they're on air. Or did Comcast blow all the money on two new sets (because the first one wasn't good) and two new graphics packages (because the first one wasn't good) and can't afford people?

Looks to me more like an automation error. Audio was cued up when it wasn't supposed to be. It sounded like they stopped the conversation normally before going to the tease.

As far as blown money goes, we all know about the two sets... but how do we know they were going to get a different package than what they got? I always got the idea that they were always going to go to Look F1, no matter what.

The only thing that I can see was changed at the last minute was the theme. They were using that 360 O&O stuff in promos up until the change.

Do they have a floor director?

If it's like any other station, they probably have a single guy acting as floor director, and two people in the control room struggling to control HAL9500hd from throwing a tantrum and exploding.

Not an automation error. Mics would have been open for the anchor reads.

Pretty clearly the floor director didn't give a countdown or signal.

As far as blown money goes, we all know about the two sets... but how do we know they were going to get a different package than what they got? I always got the idea that they were always going to go to Look F1, no matter what.

I was referring to the "NBC New York"-turned-"NBC 4 New York" block look that some of the other stations got and that appeared in promos and on subway stations and bus stops.

It´s clear it was a director/floor manager fault, since they didn´t know they were on.

Probably, they didn´t get the necessary countdown.

She made a mistake again the other night reading the same story that chuck had just read. im sure it was someone elses fault but she had no clue 10 seconds into reading the story!

OY.

I'll stick with the only news worth watching in nyc. Channel 7

She made a mistake again the other night reading the same story that chuck had just read. im sure it was someone elses fault but she had no clue 10 seconds into reading the story!

OY.

I'll stick with the only news worth watching in nyc. Channel 7

At this point she probably doesn't even care what happens. She has a few weeks left so I don't really blame her.

This is just a guess,

Shiba Russell moves to 6pm and 11pm with Chuck.

Erika Tarantal moves to 12pm and 5pm.

Contessa Brewer stays on Weekend Today in NY with Pat.

The other question is what to they do with the hosts and reporters of NY Live once the show ends in the summer.

The other question is what to they do with the hosts and reporters of NY Live once the show ends in the summer.

The hosts will continue on NBC Nonstop. (NY Nonstop, Cali Nonstop, etc.)

Archived