Dave Price Named Morning Anchor at WNYW; Greg Kelly Shifts to Evenings

TexasTVNews

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still haven't seen Greg do the 6 cause I've been working but if they give him a co-anchor it would make the most sense to put Dari with him.. If that happens Christina Park would probably get the 5pm with Ernie.. Also last night was the first time Dari and Greg anchored together since the change.. They actually had good chemistry! I've never seen Dari laugh and smile so much before! This could really work out good and I think it would be a really good idea to put her at 6.

I still haven't seen Greg do the 6 cause I've been working but if they give him a co-anchor it would make the most sense to put Dari with him.. If that happens Christina Park would probably get the 5pm with Ernie.. Also last night was the first time Dari and Greg anchored together since the change.. They actually had good chemistry! I've never seen Dari laugh and smile so much before! This could really work out good and I think it would be a really good idea to put her at 6.

I agree they were good together. Might as well title this show "Good Night New York" lol because Greg still treats it like a morning show with the banter and the questions and the humor.

Tonight they had Russ appear with sports after the break, then he threw it back to Greg and Dari who did the sign off. At least that's fixed

6pm now has the same format where Russ does sports then goes back to Greg & Nick for a quick weather summary and then the close animation and vo.

6pm now has the same format where Russ does sports then goes back to Greg & Nick for a quick weather summary and then the close animation and vo.

That's always the format at 6, Russ does sports in NJ, then back to NY to close.

That's always the format at 6, Russ does sports in NJ, then back to NY to close.

The bigger question is why doesn't Fox 5 just hire a sports person to do sports on the evening broadcasts instead of going to My 9's studio for sports. Or, at the very least, why not have Russ come into the Fox 5 studios to do sports, and have him do sports from Fox 5's newsroom for the My 9 News.

It's also goofy that the video of Russ is 4:3. If WOR is not going to upgrade to HD they should at least send a 16:9 SD feed back FOX5.

It appears that Newscorp isn't going to spend the money to upgrade studios that are only used for roughly 2.5 hours of news a week. Remember, if the station's license was still in New York, that newscast would've been long gone, replaced with "Fox News at 11" (see KCOP in LA)

The Kelly/Scotto team was very very strong in my humble opinion. I cannot understand why they would tamper with it especially now with the demise of the Today Show.. I do not see Scotto and Price having the same chemistry..Scotto was the top banana and Greg

Kelly knew it and was quite confortable in his role and fed off of her and visa versa.. Price is going to want to be that top banana..

It wouldn't surprise me then to see Rosanna call it quits.

Lunette De Soleil Rayban

I think the combo of two funny hosts might work.

There was a funny moment today where David Cassidy replaced Dave for the Jeanine Pirro interview and at the end of the segment Dave was singing with David Cassidy's band.

http://www.myfoxny.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7520673

http://www.myfoxny.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7520672

I saw a few newscasts featuring Kelly and I don't think he's the right guy for the more serious evening news. In addition there were just so many speech disfluencies in the form of interjections (i.e. "uhs" and "ums") that made it just unbearable to watch.

I have no idea why Dianne Doctor can still be in the business of being a news director after her horrific tenure at WCBS. If they are smart they should probably hire Karen Scott, formerly at WPIX.

A viewer posted a great idea on Facebook.. Move Greg back with Rosanna.. Put Steve Lacy on at 6&10.. Leave Heather Nauert on FOX News Channel.. Give Good Day Wake Up to Dave and Tai Hernandez (they are actually great together) something's gonna change soon cause this is bad.. I guess we'll wait and see.

At the start of the Jeanine Pirro interview it was mentioned she had not been on GDNY in a while. Not sure if had anything to do with Greg Kelly.

It is interesting she is back now that he is not on the show.

In the middle of the clip with Dave Price singing if you listen closely Jeanine Pirro's mic is on and she says "He's a doll. Good for you.".

http://www.myfoxny.c...&clipId=7520672

Is she simply saying Dave Price is a good co-anchor or that he is better then Greg Kelly?

The truth of the matter is that if it was not broken, there was no need to fix it. I like Greg but he really sucks in the evening. Put back everything the way it was, Greg on GDNY, Ernie at 10. The 6pm slot would be open so put Dave Price there with another co-anchor such as Linda Schmidt. They probably need to do a Ann Curry style and pay Greg a lump sum to be removed from the evening newscasts. The only newscast that need to be blown to pieces is GDNY Wake Up.

I just hope no on air staff gets pushed out cause of this.. Dave isn't terrible in the morning.. Him and Rosanna just don't have the chemistry that Greg had with her.. Dave and Tai are good together so the suggestion someone made was great.. Tai and Dave on Good Day Wake Up.. Greg and Rosanna on GDNY.. 5pm stays the same.. Steve Lacy gets the 6&10 and Heather Nauert goes to FNC since shes there more than she's on Fox5.

I agree with the poster. Steve Lacy is under utilized at the station. Was surprised he did not get GDNY if they were making that change. Dave P. just comes across as not a newsman/interviewer. Also Dick Brennan, even though he was let go, would have been good in either the GDNY or evening news role.

Archived