WTVJ Debuts Massive New Set, Graphics and Custom Theme

Alain

Today, Florida's first TV station debuted its brand new massive set along with NBC's Look F Graphics Package. These are only few of the changes after Comcast has started investing more into WTVJ and other O&Os.

Check out the comprehensive montage below:

[yt]qINW3muNfHU[/yt]

This is a fantastic makeover. I really like the cut used in the open, too. My only (small) gripe is the fact that the time/temp bug is not centered with the logo and does not stretch to the end of the HD screen.

By the way, this ends the conversion of NBC O&O's from Looks A & C to Look F (plus the KARK package on KXAS). :D

I've posted up more videos on my channel of the look. Also a new anchor joins in from WTSP, Keith Jones, to anchor South Florida Today starting Monday.

[yt]MdneuYip_zw[/yt]

[yt]apMNBVeliEQ[/yt]

Ooh, I like those morning l3s. They probably shouldn't use them for the 11am news, but they look nice.

The set looks great too, but I think it would look better if they toned down the dark blue lighting a bit.

Why can't KNSD San Diego have nice things like this????

Some day they will. Keep in mind though that they would rather (and really need) invest money on things like cameras, live trucks and adding staff than building a new set. The set will be ten years old in a few months, but I would venture out a guess that within a year or two they could get a new set. Hopefully by then, someone will be able to design a set that actually fits in the space they have. If they would move the control room somewhere else, that studio would be a lot bigger...

Some day they will. Keep in mind though that they would rather (and really need) invest money on things like cameras, live trucks and adding staff than building a new set. The set will be ten years old in a few months, but I would venture out a guess that within a year or two they could get a new set. Hopefully by then, someone will be able to design a set that actually fits in the space they have. If they would move the control room somewhere else, that studio would be a lot bigger...

To add, investing in all the things mentioned above will continue to improve their product which in turn should improve ratings. And once that happens there will be justification to invest in the set.

I've finally had a chance to watch the videos posted above. It all looks fantastic, and it actually makes me wish NBC owned WHDH up here, which is practically unwatchable in comparison. [And, yes, I know that NBC owning WHDH is extremely unlikely now that the network is owned by Comcast.]

Archived