WMAQ (temporarily) back in Studio 5?

24994J

I didn't want to start a new topic, but this didn't really fit into any other...

Does anyone know why NBC 5 is in Studio 5 this evening? I flipped on the 5 o'clock show and noticed the plaza window behind Mike Adamle during sports (they even switched weather and sports chair positions like when the new set debuted). I didn't see the 4:30 show, so I don't know if they said anything.

I noticed this too. Thought maybe it was just for the evening shows and they'll be back in the tower at 10, but no. Today too they are still in Studio 5. I've checked facebooks and twitter and no one has posted anything about it. Maybe the tower set is getting an upgrade already! Ha!

in b4 the newsroom backdrop returns.

It just occurred to me: Maybe Clickspring used the same faulty "soft" floor tile they used for the first version of the WNBC set? That would make sense...

in b4 the newsroom backdrop returns.

It just occurred to me: Maybe Clickspring used the same faulty "soft" floor tile they used for the first version of the WNBC set? That would make sense...

It doesn't appear that they changed the tile (at least a majority of it), but simply added platforms (for the desk, interview area, etc...). I'm thinking they are replacing the monitor behind the anchor desk, making more room for the cameras to move around and/or maybe some electrical work. One would hope that whatever it is, it doesn't take two months or more to finish it.

Okay, this was posted on the Chicago Nonstop Facebook page:

402936_386254398114044_1639763962_n.jpg

The newsroom side of the set is pretty clear in back...either something is obstructing the bottom-center monitor or it's been removed (albeit temporary). Does this give any hints to those who better know the logistics/specifics?

Flooring isn't the issue.. The majority of the flooring is the same black vinyl composite tiles that have been there since they went with black flooring in the studio many years ago.. Although I wish they would have replaced ALL the flooring to solid black tiles since the black tiles with white & gray specs are much more noticeable with the new set.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were making significant changes to the set. I wouldn't be surprised if they opened up the back wall of the set to the newsrooom again. I know a particular EP there didn't like how the new set turned out right after it made its debut. Someone else there also liked how WNBC's set, graphics, and music turned out much better. Heck, a handful of WMAQ's newer promos use the WNBC font in them.. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got something that looked more like WNBC.

Space is a huge issue in the set.. There is ALOT less space with this set than their previous set and there is really no more than about 10 feet between the anchor desk and the wall behind the cameras leaving camera moving space extremely limited. I wouldn't be surprised if they were breaking into the newsroom space and moving the set so cameras can move more.

I don't feel like reading through everything - what makes you think they are re-doing the new set? Maybe news management put them in Studio 5 because they ended up not liking the look and feel of the show in their new studio? They have the space so maybe Studio 5 is their new home?

HOLY CRAP! They're back in the Tower, and they made the monitor wall into WNBC-like windows with the plaza camera feed! It's huge, too...I don't know yet how wide it is, but alot wider than the whole wall with wood trim that was there before. The blue panels behind the single-anchor shots is also gone. I am so freakin' impressed right now. I'd say that the desk has been moved closer to the background, too.

Archived