Favorite and Least Favorite New York City anchors?

nynewsguru

As an avid New York City local news watcher, I've found there are anchors/reporters that I like and ones who I'm not too fond of. I personally prefer anchors of the past (1980s/1990s) because they seemed more professional and all around better at delivering the news.

The current anchors I like are Bill Ritter, Sade Baderinwa, Brenda Blackmon, Harry Martin, Don Dahler, Cindy Hsu, Dana Tyler, Diana Williams, Pat Battle, Erika Tarantal, Lori Stokes, Ken Rosato, Kaity Tong, Tom Llamas, Christina Park, Dari Alexander, Ernie Anastos, and Mary Calvi.

Anchors that I don't like are Joe Torres, Sandra Bookman, Shiba Russell, Rob Morrison, Sukanya Krishnan, Jodi Applegate, Kristine Johnson, Maurice DuBois, Greg Kelly, Rosanna Scotto, Dave Price, Frances Rivera, and Liz Cho.

I agree with everyone on the list of likes save for Dari Alexander. However I love Liz Cho, Rosanna, Phil Lipof and Michelle Charlesworth, David Ushery. I can tolerate but don't necessarily care for Sandra Bookman, Joe Torres, Greg Kelly, Christina Park, Maurice and Kristine. I absolutely do not like Dari Alexander, Heather Nauert. My absolute favorite New York anchor has to be Jim Jensen.

This thread is probably gonna get deleted since its a list but while it's still up I'll say..

I like every anchor on Channel 7 except Joe Torres..I also like Mary Calvi, Kristine Johnson, Rosanna Scotto, Greg Kelly, Darlene Roudriguez.

I don't like any of the anchors on PIX, Chris Wragee, Joe Torres, not a huge fan of Dari Alexander, and I can't stand Rob Morrison

Yeah list threads aren't good threads and the admins tend to delete them quick, not to mention that we've had several threads like this over the years, lol. But honestly i've really grown to like the WABC anchors. All of them. They all have a unique personaility, which is why they have all remained in place. I think WNBC's anchors are well selected too, and WCBS is solid. I think WNYW could use a little revamping, especially for the late night broadcast, Greg Kelly is better in the mornings, though he does have a good chemistry with Dari Alexander, Christina Applegate on WPIX isn't good solo, she needs a co-anchor to help her out.

May you please explain why lists are bad? I don't understand why the admin want to delete them. I think these are sort of fun, it's a way to see how other people feel or think.

Basically, they often become redundant very quickly.

Archived