Jodi Applegate leaves PIX11 to raise surrogate child

knightofni

Best of luck to Jodi. She did not do a bad job, it was just the environment created by Carey that was toxic. She got better when she co-anchored with Mendte.

It will be definitely be Kaity. Possibly solo at 5, but definitely plus one at 10. Probably Mendte or an outsider.

Larry and Kaity probably would've anchored together a few times at WABC, right?

And, just throwing this out there...Ernie and Kaity?

That wouldn't be a bad pairing at all.. Since it seems that Dari and Greg have much better chemistry at 5:00 than Ernie and Dari.. How many years does Ernie have left in his contract with Fox5? But likely we will see Larry and Kaity anchor if its two people..

Believe it or not, I am actually surprised that Jodi is leaving. I wish her, Michael, and their child well.

It would be actually great to see a reunion of Kaity Tong and Ernie Anastos. I personally cannot stand Larry Mendte.

I hope it's not Mendte if they revert back to a two anchor team. I don't think he was that good with Kaity chemistry wise, when they anchored during coverage of Superstorm Sandy. In addition, IMO, for some reason he always has an angry look on his face.

I actually like the Kaity and Ernie pairing a lot. They would be a very formidable team.

Mendte isn't a bad anchor. He's extremely grating as a commentator and never seemed like the nicest person to begin with, but he does have anchoring skills. I could see a Kaity/Larry pairing working.

And yes, they did work together during the year or so he was at Channel 7. He filled in for Ernie on the 5pm some nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night at 10 they had Mario Diaz and Tamsen Fadal anchoring.. Pretty sure they anchored most if not all of the coverage of the shooting.. Surprised to see Jodi wasn't there since her last day is next week.. Maybe Tamsen and Mario are being considered for the new team?

Pretty much correct info. Sources say Kaity will not be getting much fill in time. Tamsen will get the majority since she is not used efficiently in the mornings with Lionel. Frances is expected back in the next few weeks. Most of the reporters have been given auditions. Where is Kirsten in all this? Jodi definitely didn't up her image if she wants to ever get back in the newsgame.

Pretty much correct info. Sources say Kaity will not be getting much fill in time. Tamsen will get the majority since she is not used efficiently in the mornings with Lionel. Frances is expected back in the next few weeks. Most of the reporters have been given auditions. Where is Kirsten in all this? Jodi definitely didn't up her image if she wants to ever get back in the newsgame.

Well it's not fill in time.. It's permanant since Jodi isn't coming back.. Are they going back to the traditional 2 anchor format? If so who will the 2nd anchor be?

So you guys are saying you can confirm that Kaity will not be getting the main position back?

Tamsen seems to be a better fit for the morning news. I doubt WPIX will have any problems finding a female anchor, they have reporters with anchoring experience (Tamsen, Kirsten at WCBS), (Monica Morales filled in for Kaity back when they had the two anchor format). Nonetheless, Kaity seems to be the best fit, she seems most comfortable on air, and to not capitalized on that is again a waste of talent.

Well it's not fill in time.. It's permanant since Jodi isn't coming back.. Are they going back to the traditional 2 anchor format? If so who will the 2nd anchor be?

If I'm right he's saying after the anchor changes Kaity is not going to be used as a sub at 6pm and 10pm on weekdays.

Archived